Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

 

I completely agree with this. When he was sent in there to remove her he treated her like a resisting adult instead of a disrespectful child. If he'd not been sent in to deal with something that the faculty could have handled none of this happens.

 

Apparently it was a situation they couldn't handle.

 

Either way...I'm done with this one. You all can take it from here.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because I experienced it many times. They leave, believe me,(I doubt you do though). She was never out of control, ever. Again, they may cuss, scream but they go where you want them. If they run they will come back, but I never experienced that.

 

I am inclined to believe that there is a segment of society that believes smacking kids around is ok for almost anything that they think is disrespectful, defiant, or insubordinate. I have no clue how those think it will solve the problem or keep it from happening again.

 

I always believed and I realize now some don't that you do the least amount of punitive action it takes to change the behavior. Sometimes that might be suspension, sometimes it might be detention, sometimes it might be a community service.

 

You punish to change a behavior not to show who the boss is. They know that already.

 

If everything you say is true, there would be no need for SRO's. We all know that is not the case.

I never said you did.

 

Inference my friend.

You mean she was assaulted. Her phone might of been all she had left. She was forced to leave her home. If I had pictures of my mom ( speculation) and that's my last possesion, no you can't have it whether I broke a rule or not. No one should have the ultimate authority over you except God. Disrupting a class does not or should not land you in jail. How many kids are or can you lock up for that? The teacher was mad she said no. He didn't have the ultimate authority and he let it get escalated. Sometimes it's not a big deal. The child apologized and put the phone away. Should that lead to arrest?

 

I am not saying that she has not gone through a lot BUT you have to respect authority. They have the SRO for a reason. When I was in school there was no SRO, but the paddle and guess what it worked and my parents taught me to respect authority and my elders. My parents would have beat my butt and I would beat my kids butt if they acted with disrespect. When is enough enough. Kids in todays society are being raised and taught that they have NO accountability. I do believe it may have been excessive but being in the schools I can tell you it is not getting any easier to discipline children and they run all over the school personnel because there are no punishment for the disrespect, foul language, and disruption that is going on daily in America's school and when something like this happens it just justifies more of these behaviors. Eventually the inmates are going to run the asylum if something isn't done to bring discipline back in school. I do know this if I do not follow my bosses orders I lose my job. If I do not follow a cops orders I go to jail, If I become defiant and disrespectful with the cops I am taking a butt whooping on my way to jail. It is SIMPLE, do what you are told and none of this is necessary. Lesson learned by all.

If everything you say is true, there would be no need for SRO's. We all know that is not the case.

 

I have no idea how you got that from this post. Yes, there is a need but not for regular classroom discipline, that this was.

 

If drugs are in the building the SRO is needed, if a student brings a firearm or other weapon they are needed, their presence in and around the building is needed. Again, they do not need to do the job a teacher or administrator should have done.

 

I get the impression you think I don't think they are valuable. That is just not true. Because I think one SRO went way out of bounds and acted criminally, does not reflect my feelings of the vast majority of them. They are positive influences in their interactions with kids.

I have no idea how you got that from this post. Yes, there is a need but not for regular classroom discipline, that this was.

 

If drugs are in the building the SRO is needed, if a student brings a firearm or other weapon they are needed, their presence in and around the building is needed. Again, they do not need to do the job a teacher or administrator should have done.

 

I get the impression you think I don't think they are valuable. That is just not true. Because I think one SRO went way out of bounds and acted criminally, does not reflect my feelings of the vast majority of them. They are positive influences in their interactions with kids.

 

Out of bounds he was, criminally, I think not.

 

That's my last statement on this subject.

I am not saying that she has not gone through a lot BUT you have to respect authority. They have the SRO for a reason. When I was in school there was no SRO, but the paddle and guess what it worked and my parents taught me to respect authority and my elders. My parents would have beat my butt and I would beat my kids butt if they acted with disrespect. When is enough enough. Kids in todays society are being raised and taught that they have NO accountability. I do believe it may have been excessive but being in the schools I can tell you it is not getting any easier to discipline children and they run all over the school personnel because there are no punishment for the disrespect, foul language, and disruption that is going on daily in America's school and when something like this happens it just justifies more of these behaviors. Eventually the inmates are going to run the asylum if something isn't done to bring discipline back in school. I do know this if I do not follow my bosses orders I lose my job. If I do not follow a cops orders I go to jail, If I become defiant and disrespectful with the cops I am taking a butt whooping on my way to jail. It is SIMPLE, do what you are told and none of this is necessary. Lesson learned by all.

 

Let's keep telling women you don't need a man to raise a child. You don't have to be married because the government has everything you need. If you get divorced that's ok too. We will get some money for you. The eradication of the family structure leads to most of society's problems. Children thrive much better when they have examples too watch and learn from as they grow up.

Now as far as this girl, nobody's perfect. She was apologetic in the beginning. But the teacher just had to have that phone even though she had already put it away and was seated quietly. I just had to take out the trash again because my son for the hundredth time forgot. I'll give him an earfull about his responsibilities again. Wait I've done that. Maybe I should call the cops see if they can throw him around and break his arm. After all he did break a rule even after being told and reminded numerous times. I think he should be arrested and charged with a crime. That'll teach him. Really ? Really? The punishment should fit the crime. She was just being a teenager, ( raising three and one being a girl I've got this.) Emotional, irrational, probably more than usual in her circumstances. I didn't see the commission of a crime. I have yet to choke, throw acrossed the floor and break any bones on my kids. Just for being defiant? Did you body slam your two year old the first time they said no too you. You have to be authority fair, just and treat kids with respect and they will listen to you. When you bully them, degrade them show them no compassion they will be defiant. There were many different ways to deal with a defiant but quiet not disrupting child. After class would have been much better. From what I read the teacher just couldn't get over the fact that she said no, he stopped teaching and was going to have his way no matter what. Now you say a lesson was learned. Just send them to prison and they would learn the same. This is not how I want my children to learn or be educated. This is not what other adults should be doing to someone else's kid or kid's. They should not have to ecperience fear or be afraid in the classroom from a beat down. And for the record I spanked my kids when it was warranted when they were younger. Choking them and breaking bones is assault. You would be charged if you did that to your or anyone else's child. Cops are for crimes not discipline. He should have never been involved. And that guy should never have been around children. Violence is the last resort and should be, it is second on that guy's list. Teachers in fact and LEO's all have a tough job. I would rather my kids be engaged instead of sitting quietly waiting to get out of you're class because yhey could get beatdown. They learned a lesson alright. That adults who should help and protect them are bullies too. They learned that no one had any compassion or care for this child and they were next on the beatdown list. Comply or Die mentality. Nice lesson.

Out of bounds he was, criminally, I think not.

 

That's my last statement on this subject.

 

 

 

If a civilian uses force against someone else improperly and injures that person they would almost certainly be charged. He should be charged as well if his use of force was deemed improper.

Random thought that I don't think has been discussed much.

 

I'm fully aware not knowing something is a crime isn't a defense and there is a world of difference between having a record as a juvenile vs. once one turns 18. Regardless, outside of something clearly illegal outside of school - drugs/using a weapon/beating the tar out of somebody/etc - would any high school kid in the country realize that defying directions, albeit numerous times and up the chain, could result in being arrested and charged with a crime?

Random thought that I don't think has been discussed much.

 

I'm fully aware not knowing something is a crime isn't a defense and there is a world of difference between having a record as a juvenile vs. once one turns 18. Regardless, outside of something clearly illegal outside of school - drugs/using a weapon/beating the tar out of somebody/etc - would any high school kid in the country realize that defying directions, albeit numerous times and up the chain, could result in being arrested and charged with a crime?

 

I would say once a cop is in front of you common sense would dictate that.

I'm not sure what the school district's phone policy is.

 

However, if it is against school policy to have it in class and you get caught with it, the STUDENT does not get to over-rule the teacher and say "I put it up. We're good."

 

If you're caught with an item you're not supposed to have, do NOT expect to get to keep it (even though you're no longer accessing it).

 

I wonder if the student was worried about the teacher seeing something on the phone (and thus the reason for putting it up instead of doing as instructed).

 

Maybe there's a rule that teachers are not supposed to control students' personal electronics (which in this case the teacher is at fault).

 

But I doubt that's the case.

The Girls GoFundMe page has raised close to $30K so far...for medical and legal expenses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.