Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officer Throws Student To the Ground

Featured Replies

So we shouldn't have to follow any rules or laws on earth because only God should have authority over us?

 

She wasn't assaulted. She was arrested with force because she resisted and assaulted a police officer. You did see the punch she threw right? Or are you saying that punch isn't an assault?

 

Her phone has nothing to do with the officer. He asked her nicely to leave with him. He told her to leave with him, or he would make her. Then he made her.

 

I'm not sure what else he could have done.

 

Takes a big man to act and condone treating a kid like that. If your are sitting there and you start to get choked, slung around you better just take it. Please. I respect leo and I know they have a tough and dangerous job. I'm sure she posed a threat and he was fearful for his safety. If that's my kid, Police, principal, whoever you got one coming. I personally know a few officers and they would not have done that. What's worse is you think its ok.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Takes a big man to act and condone treating a kid like that. If your are sitting there and you start to get choked, slung around you better just take it. Please. I respect leo and I know they have a tough and dangerous job. I'm sure she posed a threat and he was fearful for his safety. If that's my kid, Police, principal, whoever you got one coming. I personally know a few officers and they would not have done that. What's worse is you think its ok.

 

What are you talking about re: me getting choked? By police?

 

If my kid acted like that I'd shake his hand after he did it.

 

Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for the kid. She's probably got it rough.

 

My best friend in high school lost both of his parents before he was 13. His dad was murdered. I know that's tough on kids.

 

I saw her "punch". I'd bet big money Fields never even felt it or even knew she "threw a punch". :lol2:

 

She was getting tossed whether she threw a punch or not.

 

So if someone shoots at you and misses, it doesn't count because it didn't hit you...right?

So we shouldn't have to follow any rules or laws on earth because only God should have authority over us?

 

She wasn't assaulted. She was arrested with force because she resisted and assaulted a police officer. You did see the punch she threw right? Or are you saying that punch isn't an assault?

 

Her phone has nothing to do with the officer. He asked her nicely to leave with him. He told her to leave with him, or he would make her. Then he made her.

 

I'm not sure what else he could have done.

 

From reading one of the other poster's posts he did that in the SRO training that he received the proper procedure would have been to clear the classroom and called for assistance if she wouldn't leave. I understand snatching an adult up that doesn't comply with instructions but this was a child. That is what makes his actions unacceptable and why he is currently unemployed and potentially facing federal charges.

 

From reading one of the other poster's posts he did that in the SRO training that he received the proper procedure would have been to clear the classroom and called for assistance if she wouldn't leave. I understand snatching an adult up that doesn't comply with instructions but this was a child. That is what makes his actions unacceptable and why he is currently unemployed and potentially facing federal charges.

 

Why didn't they mention that when they gave their reason for firing him?

Why didn't they mention that when they gave their reason for firing him?

 

The school immediately banned him from their grounds. I think that shows that the way he handled it was unacceptable to them. Fired from the force or not it is unlikely "Officer Slam" would have worked in that school system again.

If she wouldn't leave then what makes you think she would have left after?

 

If you think asking that was an insult, you have never been insulted.

 

Because I experienced it many times. They leave, believe me,(I doubt you do though). She was never out of control, ever. Again, they may cuss, scream but they go where you want them. If they run they will come back, but I never experienced that.

 

I am inclined to believe that there is a segment of society that believes smacking kids around is ok for almost anything that they think is disrespectful, defiant, or insubordinate. I have no clue how those think it will solve the problem or keep it from happening again.

 

I always believed and I realize now some don't that you do the least amount of punitive action it takes to change the behavior. Sometimes that might be suspension, sometimes it might be detention, sometimes it might be a community service.

 

You punish to change a behavior not to show who the boss is. They know that already.

 

The school immediately banned him from their grounds. I think that shows that the way he handled it was unacceptable to them. Fired from the force or not it is unlikely "Officer Slam" would have worked in that school system again.

 

The school officials are directly responsible for this happening anyway.

 

Regardless of what has been said before, I think it was a mistake to call the police in the first place. From this point further, if I were a SRO anywhere, I'd refuse to be involved in any situation like this.

The school officials are directly responsible for this happening anyway.

 

Regardless of what has been said before, I think it was a mistake to call the police in the first place. From this point further, if I were a SRO anywhere, I'd refuse to be involved in any situation like this.

 

 

100% agree.

So if someone shoots at you and misses, it doesn't count because it didn't hit you...right?

 

You're really comparing a flailing punch thrown by a girl falling backwards in a desk to someone shooting a gun?

 

Come on now, HB. Not even in the same zip code.

 

Let's say she purposely threw that poor excuse of a punch on purpose....does that qualify him to toss her across the floor now?

 

Nevermind. I know your answer. :D

The school officials are directly responsible for this happening anyway.

 

Regardless of what has been said before, I think it was a mistake to call the police in the first place. From this point further, if I were a SRO anywhere, I'd refuse to be involved in any situation like this.

 

It does not exonerate how the SRO handled it, however.

 

You're really comparing a flailing punch thrown by a girl falling backwards in a desk to someone shooting a gun?

 

Come on now, HB. Not even in the same zip code.

 

Let's say she purposely threw that poor excuse of a punch on purpose....does that qualify him to toss her across the floor now?

 

Nevermind. I know your answer. :D

 

Just making a point. She threw it on purpose. It's obvious.

The school officials are directly responsible for this happening anyway.

 

Regardless of what has been said before, I think it was a mistake to call the police in the first place. From this point further, if I were a SRO anywhere, I'd refuse to be involved in any situation like this.

 

I gave you a like in this post due to the revelation that you are not an SRO anywhere.

The school officials are directly responsible for this happening anyway.

 

Regardless of what has been said before, I think it was a mistake to call the police in the first place. From this point further, if I were a SRO anywhere, I'd refuse to be involved in any situation like this.

 

I completely agree with this. When he was sent in there to remove her he treated her like a resisting adult instead of a disrespectful child. If he'd not been sent in to deal with something that the faculty could have handled none of this happens.

Just making a point. She threw it on purpose. It's obvious.

 

I think it is debatable she threw a punch. I can see how it looks like she threw a punch but I'm not sold she was throwing a punch. I think an argument can be made that her arms were flailing wildly. Either way she has a broken arm for her efforts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.