Owensboro Catholic 53 Butler County 14

AceCat83

I think everyone knew what Catholic had on the offensive side of the ball but that defense is really hitting its stride. They held the #1 scoring offense in 2A to nearly nothing offensively. Butler put up 14 but 7 of those came after big INT return put the Bears at the goal line and the other 7 came in mop up time. Boarman, Blair and Mills were all huge in this one for the Aces.

On the other side, RZ3 was RZ3-like, extending plays with his feet while keeping his eyes up the field and delivering strikes. Its often lost on us on the Homers show how good he is because the big numbers are almost expected from him every time out. Morton is the x factor for Catholic. He adds a dynamic that will give defensive coordinators, as well as special teams coordinators nightmares. I often have to bring 2 stat sheets when doing a Catholic game because they get so many kids involved. Jacob, Payne, McCormack, Garner all had a hand in the game tonight for Catholic. I feel like this team is only going to continue to get better as we head toward the playoffs.

John Mark Boarman at LB is a beast. Not seen one like him for a long time. He reminds me of Logan Cart, who was a DL, but someone teams have to game plan and block.

Boarman has the best instincts of any linebacker ive seen in a long long time. If he was just a little bigger he would be D1 for sure.