Can you whistle?

BigVMan23

Can you whistle?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Can you whistle?

• Like a freaking bird
    • Can do a basic whistle
    • Can't do it at all

I can whistle a little bit. My dad was great at whistling, and boy was he loud. I could be completely down the street at a neighbor's backyard, and if he went into our front yard and whistled I could hear it, and knew I better get to the house.

Kinda sorta, but not well enough to carry it off for the entirety of a song.

As a song writer wannabe, I've tried to incorporate in a couple of my tunes a whistling interlude here and there where I thought that it would sound good, but in reality if I were to ever try to pull it off live I've no doubt that I would terribly miss the mark and ultimately have to either replace it with different instrumentation, or hire a good whistler to have it played out proper.

It seems to be a matter of proper breathing and control technique that I have yet to perfect. I have a crooked front tooth, and have often wondered if that's the cause of my inadequate delivery and limited ability.

I can carry a tune pretty well. Can't whistle very loud though.

I'd trade the tune whistling for the loud obnoxious whistle. :lol2:

Me too, I have an aunt that can put her fingers in the corners of her mouth and whistle loud enough that you can hear is a long way off. If you are close to her it can hurt it's so loud.

I can whistle tunes using one technique, but not quite as well as I could before I earned 30 stitches in my lip catching an elbow playing basketball a few years ago. This is essentially puckering and blowing air.

It took me many, many years before I figured out a way to "loud" whistle. It still is not as loud as many I have heard, but it is very high pitch and pretty loud, and my dogs know it's me. In this technique I make almost a complete circle with my right thumb and middle finger and place them on my bottom lip and blow right and an extremely loud ear-piercing high-pitch noise is emitted.:laugh:

That's all I've got.