Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ferguson Missouri one year later

Featured Replies

Will he have a 1st amendment argument to get his job back?

 

I would say doubtful. Protection from prosecution, but not protection from consequences is how I've always thought it went.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say doubtful. Protection from prosecution, but not protection from consequences is how I've always thought it went.

It will have to go through the FOP.

I have a REALLY HARD TIME supporting #blacklivesmatter when I see members and supporters carrying around our flag upside down. Another person was carrying around an upside down flag w/ Michael Brown's name on it. Really? Brown is going to be the patron saint of this movement? Please. I stand behind the overall theme of Black Lives Matter. Police brutality needs to be addressed. There is still bigotry and racism in this country. That being said, if you want me to respect your message, disrespecting symbols of this country won't win me to your side. Not taking care to help police solve black on black violence will not win me to your side. INCONSISTENCY in what is being sought, will not win me to your side.

Supporting a cause with Michael Brown as the poster boy for sure turns me off. Also looting, destroying, and stealing from your local businesses dont help.

As one of our left leaning posters said in the Republican debate thread, "maybe these people need to move to another country"

It's going to take a hell of a lot more than a new chief and a change in leadership to rebuild the trust. The issue is they don't trust that going to the police will accomplish anything.

Why do you keep saying they need to rebuild the trust? It seems to me that it's not soley a trust issue but they are using the trust issue as an excuse to continue being thugs. The rioters don't care or want police in the area period. They want to go on and do whatever they want to do and if they are stopped by police then all of a sudden it is a police brutality or mis trust situation when in reality if they wouldn't break the law in the first place they wouldn't have to worry about the police in the first place.

 

Maybe, just maybe it's the community that needs to change so that the police can start trusting the citizens of Ferguson and not the other way around.

Edited by Hellbird

I have a REALLY HARD TIME supporting #blacklivesmatter when I see members and supporters carrying around our flag upside down. Another person was carrying around an upside down flag w/ Michael Brown's name on it. Really? Brown is going to be the patron saint of this movement? Please. I stand behind the overall theme of Black Lives Matter. Police brutality needs to be addressed. There is still bigotry and racism in this country. That being said, if you want me to respect your message, disrespecting symbols of this country won't win me to your side. Not taking care to help police solve black on black violence will not win me to your side. INCONSISTENCY in what is being sought, will not win me to your side.

 

I agree. However the upside down flag is long seen as a symbol of distress by the flag code. I can see why it is upside down because of what they are "Saying" is there message. Don't care for anyone's image on the flag but upside down has its place in the past.

As one of our left leaning posters said in the Republican debate thread, "maybe these people need to move to another country"

 

No doubt. That's what I plan to do and I don't have any beef with America.

No doubt. That's what I plan to do and I don't have any beef with America.

 

My dream is to move to St. Maarten some day....

My dream is to move to St. Maarten some day....

 

We plan to move to St. Bart's. :thumb:

My dream is to move to St. Maarten some day....

 

We plan to move to St. Bart's. :thumb:

 

 

St. Lucia for us...It's unbelievable how reasonable housing (and quite large houses at that) are in those island countries.

St. Lucia for us...It's unbelievable how reasonable housing (and quite large houses at that) are in those island countries.

 

Yeah, but good's are extremely expensive. Make sure that you can garden. That will save you big time. Also, energy prices are through the roof, so say good bye to air conditioning and you will be ok

Well, you heard of St. Croix?

 

We're going to the island just to the left of it...

 

...Ted's.

Why do you keep saying they need to rebuild the trust? It seems to me that it's not soley a trust issue but they are using the trust issue as an excuse to continue being thugs. The rioters don't care or want police in the area period. They want to go on and do whatever they want to do and if they are stopped by police then all of a sudden it is a police brutality or mis trust situation when in reality if they wouldn't break the law in the first place they wouldn't have to worry about the police in the first place.

 

Maybe, just maybe it's the community that needs to change so that the police can start trusting the citizens of Ferguson and not the other way around.

 

As one from St. Louis I can tell you for a fact the mistrust has been around a very long time. It is not a new thing. I can remember distinctly my older brothers and parents telling me that when we go through Ferguson we had to be careful if we were stopped by the police. That was almost 50 years ago. The last time I was there was in 1998 for the funeral of my mother that was held in Ferguson. Also when I heard that the St. Louis County police were going to investigate what happened last year I laughed. My wife asked me why I was laughing. I said the St. Louis County police were worst than the Ferguson police.

Well, you heard of St. Croix?

 

We're going to the island just to the left of it...

 

...Ted's.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.