August 10, 201511 yr I think we are past the point of peaceful protest anymore. Too many idiots out there. Even tree huggers have dummies doing something dumb.
August 10, 201511 yr Maybe the community isn't willing to help because they've given them no reason to trust that they really will change? Look, the violence is pathetic. It needs to stop, there's no doubt about that. It is not, however, the job of your everyday citizen (the ones who aren't doing anything wrong) to stop those who are rioting and committing violent acts. They in no part share in the blame for the ridiculousness that's going on. Silence is a form of being complicit with the status quo. In what world is in not the job of the average citizen to call out wrong doing. Whether it's calling out our leaders or criminals in our community.
August 10, 201511 yr Silence is a form of being complicit with the status quo. In what world is in not the job of the average citizen to call out wrong doing. Whether it's calling out our leaders or criminals in our community. Just so we're clear, you think the peaceful protestors should've tried to stop the idiot who was firing at police last night?
August 10, 201511 yr Just so we're clear, you think the peaceful protestors should've tried to stop the idiot who was firing at police last night? Nope. No where in any of posts did I say that. I said the peaceful protestors should be giving names to authorities. Working with authorities to weed out the violence. Instead of everytime violence breaking out just wiping your hand cleans of any association. Silence is a form of being complicit.
August 10, 201511 yr Nope. No where in any of posts did I say that. I said the peaceful protestors should be giving names to authorities. Working with authorities to weed out the violence. Instead of everytime violence breaking out just wiping your hand cleans of any association. Silence is a form of being complicit. And you know they aren't how? So you think they should put themselves in harm's way?
August 10, 201511 yr And you know they aren't how? So you think they should put themselves in harm's way? Is this really your response ?
August 10, 201511 yr Is this really your response ? Why do you think they should put themselves in harm's way?
August 10, 201511 yr And you know they aren't how? So you think they should put themselves in harm's way? :ohbrother:
August 10, 201511 yr How are you suppose to end violence I'm a community if the community isn't willing to help. Also using "should" and understanding reality are two different things. Everyone needs to work together to form a solution. Isiolating and segmenting is part of the problem. Eliminate the threats.
August 10, 201511 yr And you know they aren't how? So you think they should put themselves in harm's way? I believe there are anonymous tip lines, that could keep them out of harm's way.
August 10, 201511 yr Why do you think they should put themselves in harm's way? If somebody is shooting a gun where you are, then you are in harms way. You could argue living in Ferguson is in harms way. You wouldn't of course, for you it may be a superb vacation spot, but some might.
August 10, 201511 yr I believe there are anonymous tip lines, that could keep them out of harm's way. Correct. And we know the peaceful protestors haven't done something like that how? I just don't get blaming the peaceful protestors for the actions of the rioting idiots. They aren't the same group. They aren't associated with one another in any way. The rioters don't care about the cause of the protestors, they are opportunistic and looking to steal, destroy, and reek havoc.
August 10, 201511 yr Why do you think they should put themselves in harm's way? How are things suppose to change if they aren't willing to help in the change ? It's their right to remain silent . But then don't complain when the violence continues.
August 10, 201511 yr Correct. And we know the peaceful protestors haven't done something like that how? I just don't get blaming the peaceful protestors for the actions of the rioting idiots. They aren't the same group. They aren't associated with one another in any way. The rioters don't care about the cause of the protestors, they are opportunistic and looking to steal, destroy, and reek havoc. If my brother robs a bank and I know it was him that did it and I say nothing I would be complicit in the crime. It's not blame it's reality. You keep asking how we don't know? The biggest complaint from LE is the lack of help they get from the community.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.