Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ferguson Missouri one year later

Featured Replies

What does your first line mean?

 

To your second line if your not willing to put yourself out there to better your community then how can you complain about other people not caring ?

 

You said the peaceful protesters know who the violent people are. The violent people know who they are too. I'm not risking my well-being for no reason.

 

I'm not willing to put myself at risk for any reason except my family's safety. Where have I complained about others not caring?

  • Replies 95
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said the peaceful protesters know who the violent people are. The violent people know who they are too. I'm not risking my well-being for no reason.

 

I'm not willing to put myself at risk for any reason except my family's safety. Where have I complained about others not caring?

 

I was referring to people of Ferguson not you.

I was referring to people of Ferguson not you.

 

Gotcha.

 

My point remains though. I completely understand why they aren't speaking out against them. I wouldn't either if I were in their shoes.

Protesters don't use violence to express their opinions.

 

When violence is used, those people become rioters, IMO.

Protesters don't use violence to express their opinions.

 

When violence is used, those people become rioters, IMO.

 

I don't disagree with that at all. My point is said rioters are standing with the protesters.

 

I know it's hard but the peaceful people need to point out the violent ones. Two stores were looted last night. I'd say odds are most of the same people did the looting and violence last time.

Watched the whole thing unfold on Periscope last night. First hand live view all the way up to the sound of shots fired. 1hr or so of unbelievable footage. There is no easy answer.

These people are not protestors. They are opportunists who jump on the chance to steal, vandalize and wreak havoc. It's an embarrassment to protestors to put these ruthless idiots in the same category.

  • Author
To your second line if your not willing to put yourself out there to better your community then how can you complain about other people not caring ?

 

Communities get fixed from within, until peaceful law abiding citizens hold rioting law breakers accountable nothing in those communities will get better.

 

If my next door neighbor is making Meth or selling drugs and I know about it, as a citizen of this community I should take some action...if I truly want those things out of my community.

How can a thief and almost cop killer be revered.

 

All they needed to really do it right is put white Kkk clothes on it and a confederate flag in it's hand.

 

I saw a poster made by the group who formed the "Black Lives Matter" group and they had pictures of black people who were killed by police as if they were all innocent and the first picture they had was of Michael Brown. Made me sick

You said the peaceful protesters know who the violent people are. The violent people know who they are too. I'm not risking my well-being for no reason.

 

I'm not willing to put myself at risk for any reason except my family's safety. Where have I complained about others not caring?

 

And this is the problem with people these days. They won't point out the troublemakers, here or during an investigation, or they use this as excuse to hide the fact that they welcome the violence. If you're not willing to turn people in for causing violence then you're part of the problem.

 

(Not you, but people who are at these protests, any protest, and don't point out the problem)

And this is the problem with people these days. They won't point out the troublemakers, here or during an investigation, or they use this as excuse to hide the fact that they welcome the violence. If you're not willing to turn people in for causing violence then you're part of the problem.

 

(Not you, but people who are at these protests, any protest, and don't point out the problem)

 

So screw their own personal safety for the greater good is what you're essentially saying?

So screw their own personal safety for the greater good is what you're essentially saying?

 

If you complain about your situation you have to be willing to take action so others can help. Protesting is great but it will take a lot more than that to generate change.

 

Change isn't easy.

 

Change isn't easy.

 

It should be when it comes to treating everyone fairly...

It should be when it comes to treating everyone fairly...

 

How are you suppose to end violence I'm a community if the community isn't willing to help.

 

Also using "should" and understanding reality are two different things. Everyone needs to work together to form a solution. Isiolating and segmenting is part of the problem.

How are you suppose to end violence I'm a community if the community isn't willing to help.

 

Also using "should" and understanding reality are two different things. Everyone needs to work together to form a solution. Isiolating and segmenting is part of the problem.

 

Maybe the community isn't willing to help because they've given them no reason to trust that they really will change?

 

Look, the violence is pathetic. It needs to stop, there's no doubt about that. It is not, however, the job of your everyday citizen (the ones who aren't doing anything wrong) to stop those who are rioting and committing violent acts. They in no part share in the blame for the ridiculousness that's going on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.