Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious question on profiling

Featured Replies

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Profiling is a necessary evil in homeland security. I'm all for it as long as they are trying to keep everyone safe.

 

I'm against the times cops might pull over a black driver for barely going over the speed limit and giving him a full criminal treatment.

Every non-citizen should be heavily vetted before being allowed to enter the country and every illegal should be detained until we can at least determine where they came from and why they are here, other than the obvious reasons..

 

I think your sentiment is pretty correct but consider the logistics and costs involved. That would require a lot more government employees which means a lot more revenue needed. We can say, "Can we afford not to?" but the truth is: Where is that going to come from?

Every non-citizen should be heavily vetted before being allowed to enter the country and every illegal should be detained until we can at least determine where they came from and why they are here, other than the obvious reasons..

 

And just how is that done in a timely and efficient manner, in thousands of locations across the country everyday?? Remember, Roughly 70 million foreigners visit the U.S. Every year. How would the "heavily vetted" process work??

To expand and answer Clyde. It's not just racial but according to what I'm researching or investigating it could play a part.

 

It could be a combination of race , religion , income , location , beliefs , dress, beliefs , actions , and much more.

 

Which of the following might be examples?

 

Two drivers going 62 in a 55 - one white and the other looking to be potentially Muslim - Muslim gets pulled over.

 

Having someone (federal/state/local) going through financial records of suspected Muslims

 

Same as above but for phone records

 

Police tailing suspected Muslims to see where they go

Which of the following might be examples?

 

Two drivers going 62 in a 55 - one white and the other looking to be potentially Muslim - Muslim gets pulled over.

 

Having someone (federal/state/local) going through financial records of suspected Muslims

 

Same as above but for phone records

 

Police tailing suspected Muslims to see where they go

 

The "suspected" thing concerns me a bit. With skin color, it's usually apparent. With religion, not so much.

Most white males are profiled for child pedophiles because that is what the majority are.

 

Most Muslim men should be profiled for terror attacks because that is usually who does it.

Profiling is a necessary evil in homeland security. I'm all for it as long as they are trying to keep everyone safe.

 

I'm against the times cops might pull over a black driver for barely going over the speed limit and giving him a full criminal treatment.

Agree.

Most white males are profiled for child pedophiles because that is what the majority are.

 

 

Are you saying the majority of white men are pedophiles? Or are you saying the majority of pedophiles are white men?

The overwhelming % of sex offenders and child molesters are white males.

 

Not all white males are that way.

The overwhelming % of sex offenders and child molesters are white males.

 

Not all white males are that way.

 

Is this the same for Muslims?

Nobody is falling for this

 

What are we not falling for? I have no doubt that some would prefer this (or worse) for Muslim citizens.

Is this the same for Muslims?

 

I don't know exact stats but I would assume that most terror attacks are by Muslims.

I don't know exact stats but I would assume that most terror attacks are by Muslims.

 

He knows this MRef. It is a distraction technique.

 

The President does nothing to call out radical Muslims and the terror they inflict worldwide. The great news is his power is coming to a close and nobody on either side of the aisle that becomes President will be as lenient towards this group of whack jobs as he has been.

 

I hope we have a President that is as nutty to the right and as lawless as this clown has been to the left, because I want to see the Liberals drown in their own soup. Carry out executive orders as they see fit and hear the whining from sea to shining sea.

He knows this MRef. It is a distraction technique.

 

.

 

No distraction at all if you read using context. Entire thread revolves around making generalizations. Mt Ref made an analogy that fits perfectly with Muslims.

 

He said most who commit the crime of pedophilia are white males but most while males are not pedophiles.

 

It begged the question I asked so I'll ask you.

 

Do you think most Muslims support terrorism against the U.S.?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.