Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious question on profiling

Featured Replies

Based on what?

To the possible affiliation his father had with a terrorist group.

 

he was investigated twice. Good enough for me.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To the possible affiliation his father had with a terrorist group. he was investigated twice. Good enough for me.

 

Already in the country.

 

What word the basis for deportation be?

Already in the country.

 

What word the basis for deportation be?

So he was already here before his father was investigated? I heard he came after. If he was already here then that is different from what I heard. If he wasn't then a great leader has to make unpopular decisions sometimes for

the betterment of national

security.

 

I would have made

the unpopular decisions same

as any illegal alien with a felony criminal

record. Deport on first strike period.

Let's try to keep this as an intelligent discussion on the analogy that you made.

 

What evidence do you have to support your belief that MOST Muslims support terrorism?

 

Understand your context, and obviously it's impossible to determine the intent or beliefs of an entire culture. That said, what are the Muslim leaders or even the "average non-violent, non-radical" Muslims doing to prevent the unthinkable acts being committed in the name of their religion??

 

This problem will continue until one of two things happen:

 

1. The Isis, Taliban, etc. are exterminated, which is doubtful as they are virtually impossible to detect & eliminate without losing lots of innocent lives.

 

OR...

 

2. The so-called "good" Muslims rebel against the radicals, and refuse to allow the atrocities to continue, IF the true intent of their religion is as non-violent as they supposedly claim.

Understand your context, and obviously it's impossible to determine the intent or beliefs of an entire culture. That said, what are the Muslim leaders or even the "average non-violent, non-radical" Muslims doing to prevent the unthinkable acts being committed in the name of their religion??

 

This problem will continue until one of two things happen:

 

1. The Isis, Taliban, etc. are exterminated, which is doubtful as they are virtually impossible to detect & eliminate without losing lots of innocent lives.

 

OR...

 

2. The so-called "good" Muslims rebel against the radicals, and refuse to allow the atrocities to continue, IF the true intent of their religion is as non-violent as they supposedly claim.

 

How will #2 work?

We should probably just allow the police/FBI etc the ability to put down anyone that "fits the description". Makes it easy on those enforcing the law, and turbins, neck tats and saggy pants would go the way of the dodo bird. Is Trump on this platform yet??? :taz:

How will #2 work?

 

They could stop enabling terrorists. That would be a start.

They could stop enabling terrorists. That would be a start.

 

That's a broad brush argument again.

 

Let's say that I am a Muslim that in no way enables terrorists. I live and work in Detroit. How would me and those like me rebelling stop those that are extremists?

That's a broad brush argument again.

 

Let's say that I am a Muslim that in no way enables terrorists. I live and work in Detroit. How would me and those like me rebelling stop those that are extremists?

 

Let's say I'm at a local redneck meeting and I hear several ranting and planning on blowing up a local church or setting a bomb at the county fair, what should I do? I should report my fellow rednecks, right?

 

The first thing Muslims in Detroit or any where in America could do would be to report suspicious activity. The next thing they could do would be to pressure middle eastern countries to crack down on terrorism and not be state sponsors of it. It can't always just be the "Devil Westerners" pressuring those regimes to reign in Terrorism. Those nations as Muslim nations need to put a stop to terrorism internally and quit turning a blind eye to it or just giving lip service to stopping it.

That's a broad brush argument again.

 

Let's say that I am a Muslim that in no way enables terrorists. I live and work in Detroit. How would me and those like me rebelling stop those that are extremists?

 

Maybe the hypothetical Muslim you doesn't directly support it, but I bet you know somebody or are related to somebody who does. Those organizations are funded and supported by private donations and passive condoning from regular people.

Let's say I'm at a local redneck meeting and I hear several ranting and planning on blowing up a local church or setting a bomb at the county fair, what should I do? I should report my fellow rednecks, right?

 

The first thing Muslims in Detroit or any where in America could do would be to report suspicious activity. The next thing they could do would be to pressure middle eastern countries to crack down on terrorism and not be state sponsors of it. It can't always just be the "Devil Westerners" pressuring those regimes to reign in Terrorism. Those nations as Muslim nations need to put a stop to terrorism internally and quit turning a blind eye to it or just giving lip service to stopping it.

 

You act as if these people are plotting and planning in the open. Do you really think they're not planning quietly and conspicuously?

You act as if these people are plotting and planning in the open. Do you really think they're not planning quietly and conspicuously?

Some yes, but there also seems to be a code of silence in the community that disallows others to inform on them.

 

Also read Jim's reply in post #70 ...there is a lot the Muslim community could and should do to curb the violence. The answer has to come from within, as nothing anyone says from the outside carries any weight at all.

How will #2 work?

 

As a couple others have said, first off; quit enabling either financially or otherwise. I certainly realize the danger those in the Muslim lands are in if they are to turn in the radicals; and the US certainly didn't help by pulling out prematurely on those who were brave enough to help, leaving them high & dry to be slaughtered.

 

I certainly don't hear any Muslim leaders speaking out against the unbelievable horrors being inflicted in the name of Allah--That would be a start. The vast majority of true change in history comes from the discontent of the masses being dominated.

 

Unfortunately. I fear those masses in the middle east being subjected to lives of utter nothingness and servitude are too ignorant and unorganized to rebel. The solution will come when the extremists are "overthrown" by those they surpress, or the world community has seen enough atrocities and vows to stamp out those responsible.

If they are a devout Muslim and reads the Koran they will never tell.....or help....that's why there is no cooperation from any of the Muslims. IF anyone can show me that there is cooperation then I will stand corrected. But if there is cooperation I will show you a Muslim that's going against the Koran.

As a couple others have said' date=' first off; quit enabling either financially or otherwise. I certainly realize the danger those in the Muslim lands are in if they are to turn in the radicals; and the US certainly didn't help by pulling out prematurely on those who were brave enough to help, leaving them high & dry to be slaughtered. I certainly don't hear any Muslim leaders speaking out against the unbelievable horrors being inflicted in the name of Allah--That would be a start. The vast majority of true change in history comes from the discontent of the masses being dominated. Unfortunately. I fear those masses in the middle east being subjected to lives of utter nothingness and servitude are too ignorant and unorganized to rebel. The solution will come when the extremists are "overthrown" by those they surpress, or the world community has seen enough atrocities and vows to stamp out those responsible.[/quote']

 

 

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/commonwordcommonlord/2014/08/think-muslims-havent-condemned-isis-think-again.html

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.