July 19, 201511 yr It's sad when our leaders have become so ignorant of the people that are targeting our citizens that they continue to turn a blind eye to the threats that should have stood out like a sore thumb. Profiling should always take place in areas of domestic terrorism period. We have had too many terroristic attacks on our own soil over the past 8 years under Obama that it has become a joke. How they allow a son of a known terrorist into this country shows pure ignorance on the part of our leaders. When profiling can save lives I'm all for it.
July 19, 201511 yr It's sad when our leaders have become so ignorant of the people that are targeting our citizens that they continue to turn a blind eye to the threats that should have stood out like a sore thumb. Profiling should always take place in areas of domestic terrorism period. We have had too many terroristic attacks on our own soil over the past 8 years under Obama that it has become a joke. How they allow a son of a known terrorist into this country shows pure ignorance on the part of our leaders. When profiling can save lives I'm all for it. What could the authorities have done differently? Are you saying his dad was a "known terrorist?" I can't find anything on that other than making "contributions" to Hamas. That, by itself, is a red flag obviously but what could they have legally done to either the father or the son?
July 19, 201511 yr No distraction at all if you read using context. Entire thread revolves around making generalizations. Mt Ref made an analogy that fits perfectly with Muslims. He said most who commit the crime of pedophilia are white males but most while males are not pedophiles. It begged the question I asked so I'll ask you. Do you think most Muslims support terrorism against the U.S.? I'll answer since it's me FBI stats show the majority of sex offender acts are done by a white male. So when something like this happens ad a kid is kidnapped and raped an murdered then yeah it's usually done by a white male so thy narrow it down that way to search. Yes Muslims support terror against America, it's called you are an infidel and if you don't believe in Allah and convert to Islam then you must die. And yes most terrorist acts are carried out by Muslims
July 19, 201511 yr Yes Muslims support terror against America, it's called you are an infidel and if you don't believe in Allah and convert to Islam then you must die. You know this or you just believe this?
July 19, 201511 yr You know this or you just believe this? Both Why don't you fly over to Iran or Afghanistan and ask the Taliban or ISIS, I'm sure they will tell you
July 19, 201511 yr I'm going to ask this question without any judgement. I think this is a question that needs to be asked. I'd lIke to direct toward our black members and some of our democrat posters. I'm personally against racial profiling and I've never experienced it . But with the Chattanooga shooting in mind and also the last 15 years . We have a good idea of what mindset , where a person may be from and what type of religious figure may be influencing them . What type of profiling is appropriate when fighting terrorism ? I'm torn. As a libertarian I don't like any racial profiling . But then I think logically and does the same standard apply to none citizens ? Great question... I, personally don't have a problem with profiling on its face, just the abuse of the tactic. For instance, I grew up in Harlem. There were many times that I saw gang members stopped by police based on profiling- hanging out with certain individuals, in certain areas at certain times of day because there was evidence of gang involvement in a crime. This is justified. I, personally have been stopped because of my race with no connection to other factors that help develop a profile. For instance, I have been pulled over for being a black man driving a nice car in a predominantly white neighborhood. As a youth, it was routine to be stopped by police while walking in Harlem with my friends. It seems this is an abuse of profiling, to me. When we are talking about national security measures, I would expect that our government would exhaust all measures to prevent domestic and international incidents. Where is the line? When is it okay to stretch the boundaries? I like looking at each case on its own merits. Develop the profile based on the case and follow the protocols put in place for appropriate investigation. Hold abusers of protocols responsible in meaningful ways.
July 19, 201511 yr Both Why don't you fly over to Iran or Afghanistan and ask the Taliban or ISIS, I'm sure they will tell you Let's try to keep this as an intelligent discussion on the analogy that you made. What evidence do you have to support your belief that MOST Muslims support terrorism?
July 19, 201511 yr Great question... I, personally don't have a problem with profiling on its face, just the abuse of the tactic. For instance, I grew up in Harlem. There were many times that I saw gang members stopped by police based on profiling- hanging out with certain individuals, in certain areas at certain times of day because there was evidence of gang involvement in a crime. This is justified. I, personally have been stopped because of my race with no connection to other factors that help develop a profile. For instance, I have been pulled over for being a black man driving a nice car in a predominantly white neighborhood. As a youth, it was routine to be stopped by police while walking in Harlem with my friends. It seems this is an abuse of profiling, to me. When we are talking about national security measures, I would expect that our government would exhaust all measures to prevent domestic and international incidents. Where is the line? When is it okay to stretch the boundaries? I like looking at each case on its own merits. Develop the profile based on the case and follow the protocols put in place for appropriate investigation. Hold abusers of protocols responsible in meaningful ways. Let's take this case with what we know thus far. Shooter is a US citizen. Dad gave donations to Hamas. Shooter visited Jordan for a few months. Let's say we knew all of this before the shooting. What should/could the US have done with that info?
July 19, 201511 yr Let's try to keep this as an intelligent discussion on the analogy that you made. What evidence do you have to support your belief that MOST Muslims support terrorism? Ok I will tone it down. But first tell me what evidence is out there that shows otherwise
July 19, 201511 yr Ok I will tone it down. But first tell me what evidence is out there that shows otherwise Ignoring the fact that YOU made the claim..... How to Measure What Muslims Really Believe - The Daily Beast
July 19, 201511 yr The Muslim Brotherhood and yes I hate to keep bringing them up but are very influential in America and inside the White House and have a goal of taking over America. You can find the evidence as was found by the FBI after a 9-11 raid. It's been posted on here numerous times.
July 19, 201511 yr The Muslim Brotherhood and yes I hate to keep bringing them up but are very influential in America and inside the White House and have a goal of taking over America. You can find the evidence as was found by the FBI after a 9-11 raid. It's been posted on here numerous times. That is your evidence?
July 19, 201511 yr Ignoring the fact that YOU made the claim..... How to Measure What Muslims Really Believe - The Daily Beast Pretty good read but don't everyone say polls don't matter. I'm going to have to admit that there are a lot of good peaceful Muslims in the world. But there are a whole lot of bad ones too who want death and destruction to America.
July 19, 201511 yr Let's take this case with what we know thus far. Shooter is a US citizen. Dad gave donations to Hamas. Shooter visited Jordan for a few months. Let's say we knew all of this before the shooting. What should/could the US have done with that info? I'm not really sure much could have been done. I would imagine you would need more info than this to have developed a profile deemed worthy of the U.S. government's response. More information, likely, would have been necessary to have triggered a response that would have prevented the tragic events of Chattanooga.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.