Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone offended by these flags?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they flying from the state capitol grounds since 1962?

Are they flying from the state capitol grounds since 1962?

 

Or above the United States flag?

  • Author
Are they flying from the state capitol grounds since 1962?

 

Or above the United States flag?

 

I have no clue. Are they? Would most people even know what they were if they saw them being sold in the local Wal Mart, or hanging from their next neighbors house?

I think they were CSA flags prior to the stars and bars design but that is a guess based on thinking I saw that in a article some time ago

Tell me what they are and what they stand for and I'll tell you if I am offended. Neither of the flags you produced are as recognizable as the Stars and Bars aka the Rebel Flag aka the Confederate Flag aka the Confederate Army Flag aka General Lee aka I Wish I Still Had Slaves Flag.

Tell me what they are and what they stand for and I'll tell you if I am offended. Neither of the flags you produced are as recognizable as the Stars and Bars aka the Rebel Flag aka the Confederate Flag aka the Confederate Army Flag aka General Lee aka I Wish I Still Had Slaves Flag.
So funny, but sadly, so true....

^^Please.....this is a no win argument at this point, but the situation has been out there for years, just highly politicized right now.

^^Please.....this is a no win argument at this point, but the situation has been out there for years, just highly politicized right now.

 

I'm just glad it's finally come to the forefront, however it had to happen. I make no secret about openly judging anyone who flies that flag as an unreconstructed goon, pining over a past that never really existed.

I'm just glad it's finally come to the forefront, however it had to happen. I make no secret about openly judging anyone who flies that flag as an unreconstructed goon, pining over a past that never really existed.

 

Neither do I.

^^Please.....this is a no win argument at this point, but the situation has been out there for years, just highly politicized right now.

 

Been out there for decades. Imagine being the only black dude in a high school history class when this conversation is being had.

I'm just glad it's finally come to the forefront, however it had to happen. I make no secret about openly judging anyone who flies that flag as an unreconstructed goon, pining over a past that never really existed.

 

There's a house on my way home, on HWY 401 that has a huge Confederate flag flying in front of their house....with a cannon pointed at the road. Not going to lie....my sister told me they are nice people....I disagree without meeting them. It's their right to do so....but I am very clear that they and I do not have anything in common.

There's a house on my way home, on HWY 401 that has a huge Confederate flag flying in front of their house....with a cannon pointed at the road. Not going to lie....my sister told me they are nice people....I disagree without meeting them. It's their right to do so....but I am very clear that they and I do not have anything in common.

 

Exactly. I try not to judge people. But I have already judged those that fly that flag.

I can only hope that, with this controversy, the same zealous vigor will be applied to those that continually misrepresent and abuse our very own Stars and Stripes, although I doubt that will be the case.

I can only hope that, with this controversy, the same zealous vigor will be applied to those that continually misrepresent and abuse our very own Stars and Stripes, although I doubt that will be the case.

Can you be more specific? What are some examples?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.