May 9, 201511 yr I totally understand but look at it this way. The frat boys were joking about it. She ain't joking, she means it. Fire her or not. I can't understand why she would even be hired. But if she is spouting off racist stuff she should not be getting paid for it. The Frat video was a disgrace. There is no rationalization for that. This could be a contract issue. I hope that some prof who spouts this garbage on the other side should be just as protected.
May 9, 201511 yr The Frat video was a disgrace. There is no rationalization for that. This could be a contract issue. I hope that some prof who spouts this garbage on the other side should be just as protected. You and I both know that wouldn't be the case.
May 9, 201511 yr I'm a strong advocate on here for free speech and being annoyed by the Internet mob. But because of her position of power it seems something needs to be done. The most disturbing thing at the end of the article said at BU if she were a student she would be much more likely to be punished. How intelligent can this women be putting these thoughts on the Internet ? Even if she has these beliefs there are better avenues to express them. Do you really want someone who doesn't understand that teaching college students.
May 9, 201511 yr I'm appalled. Boston University is stupid. On another note---I'm not a fan of worthless fru fru degrees. I tell my kids to look forward then move backward. You pick a CAREER where there are ACTUAL PAYING JOBS. Then you pick the college major/trade school that matches said job. In my house there is no such thing as picking a college major "that sounds interesting". Go for a solid career that has job opportunities, then make your life interesting. Word. Edited May 9, 201511 yr by hoops5
May 9, 201511 yr I totally understand but look at it this way. The frat boys were joking about it. She ain't joking, she means it. How do you know they were joking? Because they were singing it instead of saying it?
May 9, 201511 yr I'm a strong advocate on here for free speech and being annoyed by the Internet mob. But because of her position of power it seems something needs to be done. The most disturbing thing at the end of the article said at BU if she were a student she would be much more likely to be punished. How intelligent can this women be putting these thoughts on the Internet ? Even if she has these beliefs there are better avenues to express them. Do you really want someone who doesn't understand that teaching college students. I love free speech. But free speech does not mean you can say whatever you want without repercussions from your employer.
May 9, 201511 yr Doesn't Trinity graduate and 2012 Mr. Basketball, Nathan Dieudonne, play basketball for Boston University?
May 9, 201511 yr Doesn't Trinity graduate and 2012 Mr. Basketball, Nathan Dieudonne, play basketball for Boston University? Yes.
May 9, 201511 yr How do you know they were joking? Because they were singing it instead of saying it? True but look at it this way also...you can Rap about killing cops on albums and all is good but if you talk about it or post it on Facebook you get arrested.
May 9, 201511 yr True but look at it this way also...you can Rap about killing cops on albums and all is good but if you talk about it or post it on Facebook you get arrested. It wasn't all good when Ice-T made Cop Killer. He went through a ton over that song, I think his label dropped him and he really hasn't made any music since then. Straight acting now. No one else has made rap songs about killing cops.
May 9, 201511 yr How do you know they were joking? Because they were singing it instead of saying it? Shoot, when do frat boys take ANYTHING serious? At least back in the day they didn't.
May 9, 201511 yr Racism should be treated the same no matter who's mouth it comes out of. No excuses, no passes..get along or get out. It's a free country , so leave if you're a bigot.
May 9, 201511 yr Author How do you know they were joking? Because they were singing it instead of saying it? Did you see them, they are pathetic. They couldn't hang a curtain. Just like people singin any miney moe, are they really going to catch a black person by the toe. She meant and does act that way as she said she wouldn't spend money in a white owned store. She is part of the race problem and obviously she is teaching others to be racist as well
May 9, 201511 yr It wasn't all good when Ice-T made Cop Killer. He went through a ton over that song, I think his label dropped him and he really hasn't made any music since then. Straight acting now. No one else has made rap songs about killing cops.Don't forget Smoked Pork also. How about "Hands Up" with the line "For Mike Brown and Sean Bell, a cop got to get killed" Uncle Murda getting put in jail for that or losing his "Deal" It didn't seem to impact Ice-T too much, he's put out 8 albums since then not counting a bunch of collaborations and been in about 40 movies and documentaries since then...he did get some push back but also had a great deal of acceptance. I'm not saying it's prevalent but let's not act like there isn't a double standard here either. I'm not in anyway defending what those little elitist frat punks were saying...just pointing out no one is getting arrested for what they say in a song where if you say the same thing in another forum you will get arrested.
May 9, 201511 yr If i went on my Twitter account and copied her tweets word for word substituting the word black for white I would be fired, no doubt in my mind. Another example of the free speech double standard in this country.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.