Jaylen Brown... where does he end up?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown's "advisor" is Sharif Abdur-Rahim, so this isn't as out of left field as it seems on the surface...

Ohhhhhhhh, that's an interesting development. Basketball recruiting is some shady stuff.

Sharif went to the same high school as Brown and has been around him for a long time...

Aa usual GT, you always have the good scoop. Why do you think Cal came in so late then? It didn't seem like it wasn't on his radar until March. and even then I felt they had no momentum for him.

Aa usual GT, you always have the good scoop. Why do you think Cal came in so late then? It didn't seem like it wasn't on his radar until March. and even then I felt they had no momentum for him.

A lot of people I know thought Cal was the favorite for a while, but it did seem to fade in the last month. Probably more of a case of Brown keeping things a LOT more quiet than most...

I think Matt Jones got "played" by some prankster with the big e-mail he received yesterday.

I'll admit, though, that when I heard the other rumor that circulated that the assistant coach at Michigan had unfriended Brown yesterday I thought UK had him for sure.

I think Matt Jones got "played" by some prankster with the big e-mail he received yesterday.

I'll admit, though, that when I heard the other rumor that circulated that the assistant coach at Michigan had unfriended Brown yesterday I thought UK had him for sure.

Matt Jones with some bad info. Color me shocked.

Just an opinion but I think if UK had won the national championship it would have made a difference in their chances with a few of the unannounced top spring players. Just a psychological thing, 40-0, national title, 'we did it, now who's next to help us make another attempt'. On the cover of all the major sports magazines. Huge coverage by all the sports networks.

I've read a few post that said maybe the platoon system hurt their recruiting to a degree. Maybe so, but 40-0 and a title certainly could have changed the perception of a lot of recruits.