Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jaylen Brown... where does he end up?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Even you are not that naive?

 

Whether I believe they are truly are guilty or not doesn't matter. I don't have any say in the matter. All I know, is they have never been proven of anything. Moving on...

  • Replies 78
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Jones is a clown. Being a UK homer media guy is the easiest job on the planet, simply a shepherd leading sheep. Like being an Ohio State football guy, your fan base alone is large enough to carry you. He brings zero value to anything that is not geared to further empower an already over the top fan base. I turn the channel anytime he comes on.

 

Amen!

Brown and Rabb are a nice class for Cal.

 

Big-time.

 

I wish Brown would have chosen UK, but I hope Cuonzo Martin has a good year this year. I liked him as a player and now as a coach.

I have not gone to KSR for a few years. I have listened to exactly 1/2 of a Matt Jones podcast in my life. For all of those that have such low opinions of his work, I can't figure out how you surmise that he is terrible at what he does, doesn't know a thing, etc., then in the next sentence you claim, "He is a hack. I would never listen to him." It is either one of two things. 1) You have an idea of the message, so you choose not to listen or read; or 2) You listen or read more than you let on which means you are helping pay his bills. :D

The only problem I have with Cal's system is this. What do you do when a class doesn't leave and you have 5* sitting the bench. Its a great problem to have but you're nuts of you don't think the next years class don't see other top recruits sitting when they could getting top minutes at another great basketball school.

 

I really didn't think about how platooning would impact recruiting during the season, but looking at it in retrospect, I think you're right. I also think Antigua's absence has hurt UK on the recruiting trail a little bit.

 

Overall, UK's class is still really good, assuming Skal is eligible.

Weirdest recruiting class ever. Top elite talent going to LSU, Mississippi State, California (2x), UNLV, and Marquette.

I really didn't think about how platooning would impact recruiting during the season, but looking at it in retrospect, I think you're right. I also think Antigua's absence has hurt UK on the recruiting trail a little bit.

 

Overall, UK's class is still really good, assuming Skal is eligible.

 

I said it beginning of last year and got blasted, of course.

 

But whether that factored at all or not, who knows.

But whether that factored at all or not, who knows.

 

I do think it played some part, but who knows how much.

 

I also think, as UKMF & others have touched on, that this is just a different class of kids. California & LSU both landing a pair of 5-stars pretty much verifies that.

I said it beginning of last year and got blasted, of course.

 

But whether that factored at all or not, who knows.

 

It did. A lot...

I do think it played some part, but who knows how much.

 

I also think, as UKMF & others have touched on, that this is just a different class of kids. California & LSU both landing a pair of 5-stars pretty much verifies that.

 

Right. It is not as if they all went to high profile schools in spurring UK. I don't blame Cal for marketing the "Platoon", but that is not a resonating pitch.

If Martin can get his youngsters to produce, he might be able to build on his recruiting haul this year. I think he's a good coach.

 

Johnny Jones struck gold with Ben Simmons, but I fully expect him to squander what he's got.

Platooning definitely impacted recruiting. Think how much if has been used against UK in recruiting by other coaches and leeches.

I have not gone to KSR for a few years. I have listened to exactly 1/2 of a Matt Jones podcast in my life. For all of those that have such low opinions of his work, I can't figure out how you surmise that he is terrible at what he does, doesn't know a thing, etc., then in the next sentence you claim, "He is a hack. I would never listen to him." It is either one of two things. 1) You have an idea of the message, so you choose not to listen or read; or 2) You listen or read more than you let on which means you are helping pay his bills. :D

 

AMEN

Platooning definitely impacted recruiting. Think how much if has been used against UK in recruiting by other coaches and leeches.

 

But he's also sending 6-7 guys to the NBA in a platoon system. I think it only affects the volume scorers and the guys who want to be the main man.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.