Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Ruthsatz

Featured Replies

Thanks for the update, however I heard just the opposite, if Ruthsatz went to X I was told Frederick was going with him along with a couple of talented players that of course will now end up at CCH and not Cincy X.

 

You and I heard he same thing....and I have a feeling what you and I were hearing was more along what really would have happened.

 

Regardless, that doesn't matter now and I'm glad to see Scott staying. Everyone knows he is a really good coach, but I can't stress enough how great of a guy he is off the court.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with Scott, sometimes money isn't everything. Scott loves what he is doing now, he loves CCH, the St. X money didn't get him to leave. Same with Specht, very happy at St. X, maybe he just loves where he is and an assistant in college isn't what he wants, and as with Scott, the OSU money wasn't going to get him.

 

Also, a lot of us never gave this rumor a second thought, I think it was wishful thinking by some. Plus, didn't someone post on here Monday that Nick tweeted that his dad wasn't going anywhere?

 

Just like Cal, he is very happy at UK, people get al worried when there is the slightest rumor that an NBA team may be interested in him. He has everything he needs money wise, a top program, seems like his desire to coach in the NBA is gone. Yet people keep bringing his name up every spring, and yet many people panic, over nothing.

 

When you have money, money isn't everything. When you don't, it has a big impact on decisions.

Being happy is a lot more important that money. As long as you can get by and be happy, you're set. ;) I see Scott as happy, and happy where he is at, even though he could make more elsewhere.

 

But I agree, if one is struggling with money and the things that go with it, then money plays a bigger part. But usually those people are not happy where they are at either.

They pull from schools as far as 50 miles.

 

They have two gyms, their facilities are that of a small college, and they want for nothing.

 

Their annual Stag even raises over $1 million dollars. They have all of the support you'd ever need.

 

Their Football team has national prominence under the leadership of Steve Specht. They have won state in swimming and golf so often I can't even count. They have 1,600 boys, or thereabouts, so all of their teams are quite competitive....outside of hoops.

 

Steve Specht could be making anything between $80k and $150k (only partially kidding) and I wouldn't be shocked. If you made me guess it is around a hundred. Heck, he turned down a spot on Urban Meyer's staff, so it has to be good. Their enrollment has exploded over the last 15 years, with a tuition at $13k per year, and you have to give Specht's program some credit for that.

 

St. X has great facilities and rich alumni. Cov Cath is not in the same league as St. X, it is a lot smaller and does not have a budget even close to St. X. The funny thing is that Urban Meyer was an assistant football Coach at St. X back in the 1980s

Matt Otto will be a great heat coach at some point in his career.

I just don't think he will stay at CCH long enough to get the job there.

 

I think Matt Otte is the next St. Henry Coach whenever Mr.Faust decides to retire.

I think Matt Otte is the next St. Henry Coach whenever Mr.Faust decides to retire.

 

Not Jordan Griffin?

Not Jordan Griffin?

 

It could be Jordan, but I think we are still a long way from Dave Faust retiring. He is probably in his mid 50's and still seems to have a lot passion still in the tank.

 

I think Mr.Otte will probably be retired before that decision ever takes place. I am just speculating here, no crystal ball.

I bumped into Scott a month or so at FirstWatch in Covington. Introduced myself and commented on what a great job I think he is doing, on and off the court.

 

Coach could not have been nicer. You would have thought I was one of his players. Very personable and gracious.

 

Cov. Cath. has been blessed to have a great run of coaches over the last several decades.

I bumped into Scott a month or so at FirstWatch in Covington. Introduced myself and commented on what a great job I think he is doing, on and off the court.

 

Coach could not have been nicer. You would have thought I was one of his players. Very personable and gracious.

Cov. Cath. has been blessed to have a great run of coaches over the last several decades.

 

Had a chance to talk to Nick at this past state tournament and that young man was nothing but nice and respectful. Apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

They pull from schools as far as 50 miles.

 

They have two gyms, their facilities are that of a small college, and they want for nothing.

 

Their annual Stag even raises over $1 million dollars. They have all of the support you'd ever need.

 

Their Football team has national prominence under the leadership of Steve Specht. They have won state in swimming and golf so often I can't even count. They have 1,600 boys, or thereabouts, so all of their teams are quite competitive....outside of hoops.

 

Steve Specht could be making anything between $80k and $150k (only partially kidding) and I wouldn't be shocked. If you made me guess it is around a hundred. Heck, he turned down a spot on Urban Meyer's staff, so it has to be good. Their enrollment has exploded over the last 15 years, with a tuition at $13k per year, and you have to give Specht's program some credit for that.

 

About 20 years ago, X, Elder, LaSalle, and Moeller were all on a very level playing field enrollment and money wise I have been told. But due to changing demographics in the west side of the county ( LaSalle and Elder areas), many traditional LaSalle and Elder families started sending their kids to St. X. On a side note, I have a few friends who are St. X alumni. I asked one of them why the basketball team isn't a traditional power as the other sports seem to be, his answer "We don't care about basketball".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.