Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott Ruthsatz

Featured Replies

CovCath ain't playing around. By keeping Coach Ruthsatz around they may now officially be a basketball school and I don't mean any disrespect when I say that. What he means to that school and program is deeper than words. I'm glad to hear he is staying. This is just the beginning of this program.

 

Agree!

  • Replies 41
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CovCath ain't playing around. By keeping Coach Ruthsatz around they may now officially be a basketball school and I don't mean any disrespect when I say that. What he means to that school and program is deeper than words. I'm glad to hear he is staying. This is just the beginning of this program.

 

Agree!

Edited by tdyballgame
trying to multitask on computer-fail

Never a doubt! :D So glad this is finally put to rest and very excited for the Cov Cath community. Now if we can only do something to bring the same level of excitement to the baseball side.........

I'm not totally sold on basketball being the "shining beacon of excellence in Covington Catholic athletics". While I certainly hope the hoopsters maintain the recent level of success, there is a lot of energy building for the football program with Eviston signing on as coach. CovCath has a strong tradition in football (5 titles) and it is not a stretch to think they could reach that level again relatively soon. The freshman class was strong and the incoming freshman class should be at that level as well. Time will tell, but these are exciting times in Park Hills.

 

*6 titles, 87,88,93,94,97,06

*6 titles, 87,88,93,94,97,06

 

Even better!

I'm not totally sold on basketball being the "shining beacon of excellence in Covington Catholic athletics". While I certainly hope the hoopsters maintain the recent level of success, there is a lot of energy building for the football program with Eviston signing on as coach. CovCath has a strong tradition in football (5 titles) and it is not a stretch to think they could reach that level again relatively soon. The freshman class was strong and the incoming freshman class should be at that level as well. Time will tell, but these are exciting times in Park Hills.

 

Until the football team manages to beat Highlands consistently then focus on basketball.

I love watching this man coach basketball. I am not a CCH guy, but I do believe he is the best high school basketball coach in the state of Kentucky.

Obviously this is great news for the Covington Catholic community, although I don't think anyone really anticipated him to leave. Scott has proven to be a valuable asset both on & off the court & we are fortunate to have him on our side. With that said, I think Scott has done such a fabulous job of implementing his system that it would function without him, too. If Scott had left for greener pastures, I think Tony Bacigalupo, Frederick & company would have taken control & the transition would've been relatively smooth.

 

Just my $.02.

I love watching this man coach basketball. I am not a CCH guy, but I do believe he is the best high school basketball coach in the state of Kentucky.

 

Ditto.

Joe,what about Matt Otte ??

I ran into Joe Frederick today and learned that Scott was officially staying at CCH and had told Cincy Saint X no thank you. According to Joe, Scott was staying primarily because of a great relationship with Bob Rowe, the kids in the program, and his staff. Joe also told me that he would have stayed with Tony Bacigalupo had he become the next coach. Joe was great to talk to, is really excited Scott is staying, and you can see what a passion he has for the kids in their program.

 

I've never spoken to Coach Ruthsatz but he seems like a good guy and is obviously a great coach.

 

If this shouldn't have been its own thread I am sorry.

 

Thanks for the update, however I heard just the opposite, if Ruthsatz went to X I was told Frederick was going with him along with a couple of talented players that of course will now end up at CCH and not Cincy X.

Has Matt Otte been on the staff longer than Tony B? Just curious why he is not seen as a possible next coach?

  • Author
Thanks for the update, however I heard just the opposite, if Ruthsatz went to X I was told Frederick was going with him along with a couple of talented players that of course will now end up at CCH and not Cincy X.

 

Interesting that Joe himself told NKOTB he was going to stay, so I'm not sure there could be a better source on the matter.

 

Regardless, Scott is staying so what may have happened and who may have went where is now a moot point. Thankfully.

Matt Otto will be a great heat coach at some point in his career.

I just don't think he will stay at CCH long enough to get the job there.

Otte (Head JV) and Bacigalupo (Assistant Varsity) came at the same time. It was Ruthsatz's first year.

 

Ruthsatz also hired Matt Stevens (Freshman Head Coach) and kept Steve Sorrell on staff (Freshman Assistant Coach).

 

In his second year, Brandon Elliot (Assistant Varsity Coach) was 'hired' as he used to work with Bacigalupo (at TQL). In his third year, Coach R 'hired' Joe Frederick (Assistant Varsity Coach) after coaching Joe's son (Nick) for 2 years. [Hired in quotes because I do not know if they are paid]

 

 

As has been mentioned here a lot, this is one of the best staffs in the state. I believe all coaches, excluding Matt Stevens and Steve Sorrel (maybe?) played college basketball. As an alum, I am elated to hear that Coach R is staying, although I never doubted he was leaving.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.