Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Openings and Rumors

Featured Replies

Steve Prohm just agreed to a new extension through 2019. With everything, it'll be about $500,000 a year.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen on ESPN, St Johns plan to presue Chris Mullin.

Seen on ESPN, St Johns plan to presue Chris Mullin.

 

They're going after a guy with no coaching experience to lead a Division I program? That should work out well.

They're going after a guy with no coaching experience to lead a Division I program? That should work out well.

 

Fred Holberg says it shouldn't be a problem.

They're going after a guy with no coaching experience to lead a Division I program? That should work out well.

 

Give me Chris Mullin and the right staff at St John's and I bet they become a very serious program again.

 

One of the best things Hoiberg did in Ames was getting Corny off of Gregory's staff.

Texas has great facilities, has nearly unlimited pockets, can and should be able to recruit both halves of the country, and has an enormous fan base. I think Rick Barnes is average at best, and I think many regard Texas as one of those "sleeping giants" that you hear tossed around a lot. That said, it isn't Arizona. Or Kansas. Or any other elite program, but, many believe it could be. Unless you are at one of the Top 7-10 jobs in America, Texas has to be a job you'd look at.

 

Not to mention, IF Calipari leaves for the NBA, as many are suggesting (I'm not, but you don't need much time with the internet machine to find hundreds that are), than I think Sean is 1A on UK's list, and then you'll have even more dominoes falling.

 

The April coaching carousel is one of the most interesting times of the year in College Hoops.

 

I appreciate the response, but I'll have to ask again:

 

How many final fours does Texas have in its history? Naming the years would be great.

 

What is the size of their home court arena? What's the average attendance? How old is the arena?

 

The NCAA tournament has been around for a long time. I don't remember Texas being much of a factor most of the time.

I appreciate the response, but I'll have to ask again:

 

How many final fours does Texas have in its history? Naming the years would be great.

 

What is the size of their home court arena? What's the average attendance? How old is the arena?

 

The NCAA tournament has been around for a long time. I don't remember Texas being much of a factor most of the time.

 

Texas is loaded with HS players. the problem is not the talent but what they have done with the talent. I think the right coach there and Texas basketball takes off.

I used to think the Texas coaching position in any sport was prestige until they made their hire for football. Now I think this basketball position along with openings at other big schools will be filled by assistants or other no names. The up and coming coaches seem to be satisfied where they are at,along with getting paid well. Would not be surprised if Marshall re-signs at WSU

IU

I appreciate the response, but I'll have to ask again:

 

How many final fours does Texas have in its history? Naming the years would be great.

 

What is the size of their home court arena? What's the average attendance? How old is the arena?

 

The NCAA tournament has been around for a long time. I don't remember Texas being much of a factor most of the time.

 

You're a very bright guy perfectly capable of using an Internet machine, you want those answers, you can find them all.

 

Texas is a very good job because of what they could be, not what they have been. Well, that and they can pay a ton and your program will never want for anything. You'll have every tool at your disposal to win in a huge way.

IU

 

You're a very bright guy perfectly capable of using an Internet machine, you want those answers, you can find them all.

 

Texas is a very good job because of what they could be, not what they have been. Well, that and they can pay a ton and your program will never want for anything. You'll have every tool at your disposal to win in a huge way.

 

Fair enough. And let's be clear, I wasn't calling you out on an internet machine. I was simply asking a question. If you don't choose to answer, that's up to you. I could look it up, but I thought these numbers may be more readily at your disposal. I just asked what I thought were engaging questions to add to the discussion.

 

On the bolded, I'm a moron half the time. So, I don't know what Texas averages at home, how old their building is. et al. I was honestly just asking.

 

Your take on Texas is right in many ways. And, well founded. My take is different. There's a lot of competition for Texas' best players. Lot's of schools in state, and the big boys will take their share as well. They've seemingly never won very big, so I guess you are saying they were undercoached during Lemmons, Penders and Barnes, That's a long time of underachieving.

 

I will say, the CBS guys were discussing the job earlier and mentioned Marshall, Smart and potentially NBA guys, Seemed to think it was a good job, but certainly not a jewel.

Seemed to think it was a good job, but certainly not a jewel.

 

I think it has the potential to be a great job if the right coach gets in there.

John Brannen is a finalist at SIU Edwardsville. I'd love to have John in the OVC.

A report says Hurley will stay in Buffalo. New contract.

 

That tells you something about DePaul. Dallas Comegys is not walking through that door.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.