Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Openings and Rumors

Featured Replies

Anyway Marshal even takes a call from Alabama if it is common knowledge that Texas is coming open?

 

How about going after Sean Miller or Billy D (seems to be getting restless at UF)...they have the money to go after anyone. Seriously I think Texas could shoot a lot higher than Wich St. or Xavier coach, nothing against them.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fired. Buy-out drops on April 1st. Nike folks' date=' so I presume he as well, knows it is coming. I will say this, in the VERY unlikely event Xavier wins tomorrow, Chris will be tough to beat in Austin (assuming Marshall is already in Bama).[/quote']

 

You're well connected and I know you know your stuff so help me understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that the shoe companies carry enough weight with the schools to get a coach fired?

You're well connected and I know you know your stuff so help me understand what you're saying here. Are you saying that the shoe companies carry enough weight with the schools to get a coach fired?

No!! I'm saying Nike folks know there is going to be a change at one of their premiere programs. Another Nike guy would be a huge plus. This is an amazingly good job. Huge money. Every possible advantage.

No!! I'm saying Nike folks know there is going to be a change at one of their premiere programs. Another Nike guy would be a huge plus. This is an amazingly good job. Huge money. Every possible advantage.

 

Thanks. You believe Marshall would be their top choice?

Thanks. You believe Marshall would be their top choice?

 

I'd think so. I also think Bama will move quickly to secure him. If he isn't coaching Bama in 6 days they will have to battle for him and they don't want that.

Texas over Alabama everyday of the week. Texas has had some studs and Texas is loaded with talent. Alabama basketball will always be way behind their football

Anyway Marshal even takes a call from Alabama if it is common knowledge that Texas is coming open?

 

How about going after Sean Miller or Billy D (seems to be getting restless at UF)...they have the money to go after anyone. Seriously I think Texas could shoot a lot higher than Wich St. or Xavier coach, nothing against them.

 

Can you give me one logical reason Sean Miller would leave Arizona for Texas?

Can you give me one logical reason Sean Miller would leave Arizona for Texas?

 

None except $$$$$$

 

I don't know what he makes now but Texas could give him K and Cal money and never blink an eye.

Good thread in that there's some good information on openings, and it's interesting reading everyone's take on jobs and candidates. That said, pardon the fact that I'm going to post consecutively here to get caught up.

Anyway Marshal even takes a call from Alabama if it is common knowledge that Texas is coming open?

 

How about going after Sean Miller or Billy D (seems to be getting restless at UF)...they have the money to go after anyone. Seriously I think Texas could shoot a lot higher than Wich St. or Xavier coach, nothing against them.

 

How's Sean Miller higher on any coaching list than Marshall? A final four, an undefeated regular and conference tournament season, and now in the Sweet 16 in the last three years. Seems to me he's done more with less (resources) than Miller.

No!! I'm saying Nike folks know there is going to be a change at one of their premiere programs. Another Nike guy would be a huge plus. This is an amazingly good job. Huge money. Every possible advantage.

 

Can you give me one logical reason Sean Miller would leave Arizona for Texas?

 

Your first quote kind of seems to answer your second quote. Personally, I totally agree with the second quote, and have a question on the first quote in my next post.

No!! I'm saying Nike folks know there is going to be a change at one of their premiere programs. Another Nike guy would be a huge plus. This is an amazingly good job. Huge money. Every possible advantage.

 

On just the bolded, what makes it such a jaw dropping job? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good job (and potentially the best football job in the country). But, I'm not seeing it in basketball.

 

What's their arena hold? What do they average (attendance) for home games? I'm assuming arena is on-campus, but I don't know. How are the practice facilities (I"m assuming their practice/workout facilities are off the chart, but I don't know).

 

How many final fours has Texas been to in their history? If anyone can list the years, that'd be awesome. If it's such a great job, why so few final fours?

None except $$$$$$

 

I don't know what he makes now but Texas could give him K and Cal money and never blink an eye.

 

He makes about $3.5 now, has it rolling, and while Texas certainly "could" pay him more, I'm not sure they could pay him more enough to get him to leave. Nor do I think he is completely driven by money, and I'm certain his wife wouldn't be for a move to Austin (one of my favorite cities in America, by the way).

 

The last two Xavier coaches left for Arizona and Ohio State, and both have done very well. I'm not suggesting Chris is in that league (with Thad and Sean), but to act as if they could "do better", well history hasn't shown that to be true.

[/b]

 

On just the bolded, what makes it such a jaw dropping job? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good job (and potentially the best football job in the country). But, I'm not seeing it in basketball.

 

What's their arena hold? What do they average (attendance) for home games? I'm assuming arena is on-campus, but I don't know. How are the practice facilities (I"m assuming their practice/workout facilities are off the chart, but I don't know).

 

How many final fours has Texas been to in their history? If anyone can list the years, that'd be awesome. If it's such a great job, why so few final fours?

 

Texas has great facilities, has nearly unlimited pockets, can and should be able to recruit both halves of the country, and has an enormous fan base. I think Rick Barnes is average at best, and I think many regard Texas as one of those "sleeping giants" that you hear tossed around a lot. That said, it isn't Arizona. Or Kansas. Or any other elite program, but, many believe it could be. Unless you are at one of the Top 7-10 jobs in America, Texas has to be a job you'd look at.

 

Not to mention, IF Calipari leaves for the NBA, as many are suggesting (I'm not, but you don't need much time with the internet machine to find hundreds that are), than I think Sean is 1A on UK's list, and then you'll have even more dominoes falling.

 

The April coaching carousel is one of the most interesting times of the year in College Hoops.

....

 

Interesting Sweet 16 nugget: only two coaches in this year's Sweet 16 have losing records in the NCAA Tournament (crazy stat, by the way). Mike Brey 8-11 and Gregg Marshall 8-10 (although 7-3 in the last 3 years with the Shockers).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.