Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coaching Openings and Rumors

Featured Replies

Texas has great facilities, has nearly unlimited pockets, can and should be able to recruit both halves of the country, and has an enormous fan base. I think Rick Barnes is average at best, and I think many regard Texas as one of those "sleeping giants" that you hear tossed around a lot. That said, it isn't Arizona. Or Kansas. Or any other elite program, but, many believe it could be. Unless you are at one of the Top 7-10 jobs in America, Texas has to be a job you'd look at.

 

Not to mention, IF Calipari leaves for the NBA, as many are suggesting (I'm not, but you don't need much time with the internet machine to find hundreds that are), than I think Sean is 1A on UK's list, and then you'll have even more dominoes falling.

 

The April coaching carousel is one of the most interesting times of the year in College Hoops.

 

 

How well do you think Sean would embrace BNN? Where he would fall in between Gillispie and Calipari as far as handling all that encompasses being the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats? He has proven he can handle the recruiting and coaching aspects of the job.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Texas has great facilities, has nearly unlimited pockets, can and should be able to recruit both halves of the country, and has an enormous fan base. I think Rick Barnes is average at best, and I think many regard Texas as one of those "sleeping giants" that you hear tossed around a lot. That said, it isn't Arizona. Or Kansas. Or any other elite program, but, many believe it could be. Unless you are at one of the Top 7-10 jobs in America, Texas has to be a job you'd look at.

 

Not to mention, IF Calipari leaves for the NBA, as many are suggesting (I'm not, but you don't need much time with the internet machine to find hundreds that are), than I think Sean is 1A on UK's list, and then you'll have even more dominoes falling.

 

The April coaching carousel is one of the most interesting times of the year in College Hoops.

 

If the bolded happened, I'd imagine the list to look something like:

 

1. Miller

2. Hoiberg

3. Marshall

4. Billy D.

5. Smart

 

Bruce Pearl would be my personal preference, but I doubt it would even be an option.

How well do you think Sean would embrace BNN? Where he would fall in between Gillispie and Calipari as far as handling all that encompasses being the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats? He has proven he can handle the recruiting and coaching aspects of the job.

 

That is the 6 million dollar question, and completely speculating (because while many know that I know Sean well, I have no idea what it would be like to be in the eye of the BBN...obviously), I think initially BBN would embrace Sean, while Sean have to ease his way into the craziness. He would be nothing like Gillispie because he is, you know, nothing like Gillispie. He is less sizzle and swagger than Cal, but he has a genuineness that I think UK fans would cling to. He does have zero tolerance for dumb questions from fans, so his coaches shows would be a must listen for me. I think he would be an outstanding coach at UK for a very long time.

If the bolded happened, I'd imagine the list to look something like:

 

1. Miller (I think he'd be the guy, as much for his relationship with Cal as his reputation and credentials)

2. Hoiberg (kind of a renegade program in Ames, lots of transfers and cast-offs, not sure I see it)

3. Marshall (I think Gregg would be in the mix, but I think he'll be somewhere else by the time any of this would come to fruition)

4. Billy D. (not again....)

5. Smart (not well liked at all around the country, I don't think this would happen in a million years. The UK coach is under a microscope and it would unveil a lot Shaka wouldn't want anyone to see).

 

Bruce Pearl (Scott Ruthsatz would get hired at UK before Bruce Pearl) would be my personal preference, but I doubt it would even be an option.

 

See above.

I meant no disrespect towards anyone...just saying that I thought Texas could shoot for the moon on next hire.

  • Author

For the record I would hate if they went after Shaka. I think he's a gimmick coach and does most everything with smoke and mirrors.

  • Author

Maybe a bit of a bold prediction on my part....I'll say Billy Donovan will not be the coach at Florida next season.

Maybe a bit of a bold prediction on my part....I'll say Billy Donovan will not be the coach at Florida next season.

 

I could see that happening. He was miserable the two times I seen him this season. And he uncharacteristically destroyed his team after the UK game in Gainesville. I could very much see him leaving.

  • Author

^Yep. Michael Frazier just declared for the draft too.

 

 

Orlando Magic job is open again....:idunno:

Bruce Pearl at UK would be MUST SEE TV.

  • Author

@jerrymeyer247 4m ago

"Not hearing good things about Donnie Tyndall and Tennessee concerning the investigation."

 

How many SEC jobs are going to open up this year?

 

Already have 2, with IMO 3 others possible.

If IU or Texas or anyone else wants Archie Miller, they're going to have to pay a little extra. No details yet, but Archie Miller signed an extension this morning with UD to keep him in the Miami Valley through 2022.

 

Archie Miller inks extension with UD

  • Author
If IU or Texas wants Archie Miller, they're going to have to pay a little extra. No details yet, but Archie Miller signed an extension this morning with UD to keep him in the Miami Valley through 2022.

 

Archie Miller inks extension with UD

 

Whatever they're paying will be chump change compared to what any of the major 5 conference teams can offer if they want him.

Whatever they're paying will be chump change compared to what any of the major 5 conference teams can offer if they want him.

 

No doubt. Makes me really appreciate what Archie thinks of the school that gave him his first head coaching job to do us the favor of getting us more cash to go after the next guy.

He's been a head coach previously correct?

 

at VCU and Oklahoma.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.