March 26, 201511 yr If IU or Texas or anyone else wants Archie Miller, they're going to have to pay a little extra. No details yet, but Archie Miller signed an extension this morning with UD to keep him in the Miami Valley through 2022. Archie Miller inks extension with UD He is in a perfect situation IMO... If one of the "real good" jobs come open he can leave and everyone will say "well it's so and so, you have to go" or he can stay at Dayton and be treated like a God for as long as he likes. I doubt very seriously Archie Miller would leave for a middle of the pack BIg 5 conference school or a place where football is king at all times.
March 26, 201511 yr He is in a perfect situation IMO... If one of the "real good" jobs come open he can leave and everyone will say "well it's so and so, you have to go" or he can stay at Dayton and be treated like a God for as long as he likes. I doubt very seriously Archie Miller would leave for a middle of the pack BIg 5 conference school or a place where football is king at all times. I agree. And if @MentschTrachtGottLacht; would get his buddies at Xavier to help us get into some of that Big East TV money, we'd throw it around like we were as drunk as DePaul was when they decided to throw $2.1 million at Oliver Purnell.
March 26, 201511 yr @jerrymeyer247 4m ago "Not hearing good things about Donnie Tyndall and Tennessee concerning the investigation." How many SEC jobs are going to open up this year? Already have 2, with IMO 3 others possible. I don't think Tyndall loses his job at UT.
March 26, 201511 yr I don't think Tyndall loses his job at UT. Sounds like he has the right people on his side from what I've read. NCAA is calling UT today to tell them what they found. One serious charge.
March 26, 201511 yr Jerry Meyer thinks he does lose his job. I would be surprised if that's true and I think Tyndall would be surprised, as well.
March 26, 201511 yr Jerry Meyer thinks he does lose his job. I would be surprised if that's true and I think Tyndall would be surprised, as well. I know many other coaches thought him losing his job was fait accompli, but since it hasn't happened yet, I think at this point everyone expects Tennessee is going to roll with him.
March 26, 201511 yr I'll say this...if he loses his job and Jim Boeheim and Roy Williams keep their jobs...the NCAA is a train wreck.
March 26, 201511 yr I'll say this...if he loses his job and Jim Boeheim and Roy Williams keep their jobs...the NCAA is a train wreck. Not necessarily analogous since Tennessee ran itself out of rope with the Bruce Pearl deal. In fact, given what they had gone through, they put a provision in his contract that allows for him to be fired for sanctions brought upon he and his program at previous stops. Here is the exact quote from this article (Contract lets UT fire Tyndall with cause if allegations true) "...the reasons that would allow Tennessee to have cause to fire Tyndall are listed in Article III of his contract, which was obtained by The Tennessean through a public records request. The contract covers violations committed at previous schools...." I may have missed it, but I hadn't heard of that clause in his deal until this morning.
March 26, 201511 yr Not necessarily analogous since Tennessee ran itself out of rope with the Bruce Pearl deal. In fact, given what they had gone through, they put a provision in his contract that allows for him to be fired for sanctions brought upon he and his program at previous stops. Here is the exact quote from this article (Contract lets UT fire Tyndall with cause if allegations true) "...the reasons that would allow Tennessee to have cause to fire Tyndall are listed in Article III of his contract, which was obtained by The Tennessean through a public records request. The contract covers violations committed at previous schools...." I may have missed it, but I hadn't heard of that clause in his deal until this morning. Yeah, I had read a few weeks back about that clause. I think he has won over the correct people at Tennessee though. I don't think he will be terminated unless things are worse than I know.
March 26, 201511 yr Seth Davis is reporting that Tyndall will learn his sanctions tonight and Tennessee is bracing for major violations and that Tyndall likely won't survive it.
March 27, 201511 yr Maybe a bit of a bold prediction on my part....I'll say Billy Donovan will not be the coach at Florida next season. Anyone think Billy D would jump at a hypothetical UK opening? That is the 6 million dollar question, and completely speculating (because while many know that I know Sean well, I have no idea what it would be like to be in the eye of the BBN...obviously), I think initially BBN would embrace Sean, while Sean have to ease his way into the craziness. He would be nothing like Gillispie because he is, you know, nothing like Gillispie. He is less sizzle and swagger than Cal, but he has a genuineness that I think UK fans would cling to. He does have zero tolerance for dumb questions from fans, so his coaches shows would be a must listen for me. I think he would be an outstanding coach at UK for a very long time. Would Miller come to UK? He'd be my realistic #1 . He'd keep the talent coming in. Bruce Pearl at UK would be MUST SEE TV. He'd be great at UK but they likely wouldn't hire him. He'd be almost as dynamic as Cal though IMO. Jerry Meyer thinks he does lose his job. I would be surprised if that's true and I think Tyndall would be surprised, as well. Hope Tyndall keeps his job. I like Donny T a lot.
March 27, 201511 yr I just saw the news on Tyndall. Whatever is in that Southern Miss report must be rough.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.