Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is the Sunday Church Crowd the Rudest and Cheapest Customers ?

Featured Replies

I know some of you think I am a hater, and some of you have even accused me of using a second account to spread the hate (really disappointed in those of you that did that - maybe you should look in the mirror) but in short I would like to see preachers preach about this in church. I think bringing it up in church would be doing everyone a favor.

 

First of of all you'd have to come to church to see it :) , and our preacher has preached on the subject.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of of all you'd have to come to church to see it :) , and our preacher has preached on the subject.

 

Glad to hear it.

I was told by someone not too long ago that rounding your tip up to even numbers like that is a hassle for servers. I forget exactly how it was phrased to me. In other words, I took it as you should tip an even amount vs. an odd number that I guess causes more math for the sever at the end of the night but again I have no idea here.

 

Anyone?

 

No clue on this one. At the end of the day, you know your receipts, and you know your CC payments and you know your cash. You subtract the sales from the payments and what is left over are your earnings.

Any church worth it's salt has preached on why we Christians are a stumbling block. Doesn't mean many will change bad behavior. I'd be willing to say that all of the people in our church that I know personally are above the line tippers. The one's I've had the pleasure of dining with have always been.

Also, to be candid, I couldn't tell you whether the Sunday crowds I have served were Christian, agnostic or Jewish. I ust knew tips would be low. Kinda like I always knew that if you ordered your prime rib well done and asked for A1, I wouldn't be getting even 15%.

I know some of you think I am a hater, and some of you have even accused me of using a second account to spread the hate (really disappointed in those of you that did that - maybe you should look in the mirror) but in short I would like to see preachers preach about this in church. I think bringing it up in church would be doing everyone a favor.

 

We haven't talked about "Tipping" but we have had sermons on similar subjects and I would say most churches do.

 

I often use things like this as a teachable point in my Sunday School class.

 

We often discuss what we do and are expected to do as Christians beyond worship. How we go about our lives and what we show of ourselves as Christians.

We haven't talked about "Tipping" but we have had sermons on similar subjects and I would say most churches do.

 

I often use things like this as a teachable point in my Sunday School class.

 

We often discuss what we do and are expected to do as Christians beyond worship. How we go about our lives and what we show of ourselves as Christians.

 

Glad to hear it all.

 

And like I said in the tech forum yesterday, I believe religion (Churches) are mostly good.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the break down in tipping by age.

 

I notice that a large portion of Sunday diners are older than the crowd on Friday night or Saturday, as a whole older people tip less. I know there are some that don't but, often when eating with older people I will leave a few extra dollars after they walk away. I think in many cases they are just tipping the same amount that they have tipped for years while the menu prices have gone up over their lives the tips haven't kept up.

The hypocrisy of Christians is what bothers me. If you people(I'm mean Christians) can't clean up your own act, how can you expect to draw others in to the fold.

 

Well...okay.

You make huge assumptions, my friend. Personally, I think the waitress saw the 666 on your forehead and decided to go along with everything you said.

Same.

 

Seriously ?! You don't have enough to do right now ?

if you ordered your prime rib well done and asked for A1, I wouldn't be getting even 15%.

 

I love A1. Sorry.

Also, to be candid, I couldn't tell you whether the Sunday crowds I have served were Christian, agnostic or Jewish. I ust knew tips would be low. Kinda like I always knew that if you ordered your prime rib well done and asked for A1, I wouldn't be getting even 15%.

 

:puke: Yuck. I would have told them to leave, we don't serve "your kind" here.:puke: Eat it rare with lots of horseradish sauce AND fresh pureed horseradish, or find somewhere else to eat.

Also, to be candid, I couldn't tell you whether the Sunday crowds I have served were Christian, agnostic or Jewish. I ust knew tips would be low. Kinda like I always knew that if you ordered your prime rib well done and asked for A1, I wouldn't be getting even 15%.

 

I can top that. I once had a guy order well done prime rib. I wish he would have asked for A1. Nope. "Can I get some ketchup."

:puke: Yuck. I would have told them to leave, we don't serve "your kind" here.:puke: Eat it rare with lots of horseradish sauce AND fresh pureed horseradish, or find somewhere else to eat.

 

Calpurnia would have made you sit in the kitchen with a comment like that...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.