Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is the Sunday Church Crowd the Rudest and Cheapest Customers ?

Featured Replies

I can top that. I once had a guy order well done prime rib. I wish he would have asked for A1. Nope. "Can I get some ketchup."

 

So...NO tip, right? :D

  • Replies 51
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait til he finds out what a real bastard Santa Claus is.

 

:confused:

I was told by someone not too long ago that rounding your tip up to even numbers like that is a hassle for servers. I forget exactly how it was phrased to me. In other words, I took it as you should tip an even amount vs. an odd number that I guess causes more math for the sever at the end of the night but again I have no idea here.

 

Anyone?

 

I've never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.

I wonder if there is a risk of bad tipping with any large group. Also I would suspect that how the bill was presented would be a factor as well. When there is one bill, and it has to be divided, it is tough to get the tip out of people.

You dwell on the exceptions. The true Christians I know are lovely folks, and those folks I know would pray for you.

 

Where is the line drawn? My experience says many who consider themselves "True Christians" will gleefully pray for you in lieu of a tip.

 

And I've seen age mentioned as a possible mitigating factor, but my experience says it's not as much as some of you want to believe. I saw lots of youngish-couples with kids who should know better than to stiff a server.

Where is the line drawn? My experience says many who consider themselves "True Christians" will gleefully pray for you in lieu of a tip.

delete

Where is the line drawn? My experience says many who consider themselves "True Christians" will gleefully pray for you in lieu of a tip.

 

And I've seen age mentioned as a possible mitigating factor, but my experience says it's not as much as some of you want to believe. I saw lots of youngish-couples with kids who should know better than to stiff a server.

 

I don't know Jim. This guy obviously has a axe to grind with regards to religion and Christians. And he's talking about what someone else told him from one restaurant. Do I believe some might not tip or tip well? Sure. As is known, we are all sinners. There's been many times in my life I never had enough money to allow for a tip. I have a problem with the blanket idea that Christians are bad tippers in general. The folks I know give a LOT to their fellow sisters and brothers. I don't tip as well as I used to when I had more money, it's been rather rough the last couple of years for us. I try to tip when I can, if I didn't it's not because I did not want to, it's because I can't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.