Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer / Harrodsburg Consolidation

Featured Replies

Does anyone know when they will announce who the head coach will be?

It would be shocking if Jaggers, wasn't still head coach, after what he did last year.

Very few of the Harrodsburg staff were teachers.

Should be an interesting season.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when they will announce who the head coach will be?
Is there any doubt that it's Jaggers?

This scenario brings up some interesting debate. How is the KHSAA going to approach the merge of only ahtletics without the complete merge of the two schools?

If the schools don't merge until 07-08 can the teams merge before that? Seems like it would throw a monkey wrench into the equation when considering enrollment and classification (if the schools merge they would for sure be 3A based on the current enrollments of both schools). If this is a legal move in athletics what would stop many areas from "combining" teams? Just thought I would open the box on that one.

Is there any doubt that it's Jaggers?

 

 

I think it is a foregone conclusion that it will be Jaggers.

This scenario brings up some interesting debate. How is the KHSAA going to approach the merge of only ahtletics without the complete merge of the two schools?

If the schools don't merge until 07-08 can the teams merge before that? Seems like it would throw a monkey wrench into the equation when considering enrollment and classification (if the schools merge they would for sure be 3A based on the current enrollments of both schools). If this is a legal move in athletics what would stop many areas from "combining" teams? Just thought I would open the box on that one.

Excellent point, one I hadn't thought about.

 

Illinois allows small schools to field "co-op" teams in sports in which one or both schools might not field enough numbers for their own teams. Some schools have suggested that the KHSAA allow it for sports such as football, since some are way too small to field teams themselves, but might have kids willing to play for a nearby school. From what I've heard, the KHSAA has never been too high on the concept.

 

If the KHSAA allows Mercer County and Harrodsburg to combine for one team while the students still attend separate schools, it will be setting an interesting (some would say dangerous) precedent.

The Mercer Board has not yet voted for the merger although I am sure it will pass. As for Mercer's Big O line keep in mind that senior class last year was most of the o'line and as for Hburg's speedy back field don't count the Mercer back field that beat Hburg last year with all coming back except for Senior Scheller. The team will have alot of back field experience. They'll do well.

 

How long will it take for this to become offical? When is Harrosburg going to let thier oppenents know? Are they going to leave these teams hanging? It is bad enough that they waited till this late. I bet there was 9 coaches busy on the phones today trying to find a game!!

Excellent point, one I hadn't thought about.

 

Illinois allows small schools to field "co-op" teams in sports in which one or both schools might not field enough numbers for their own teams. Some schools have suggested that the KHSAA allow it for sports such as football, since some are way too small to field teams themselves, but might have kids willing to play for a nearby school. From what I've heard, the KHSAA has never been too high on the concept.

 

If the KHSAA allows Mercer County and Harrodsburg to combine for one team while the students still attend separate schools, it will be setting an interesting (some would say dangerous) precedent.

 

This is a completely uneducated guess but I think the districts are merging into a single school but will have two seperate campuses until the new school is completed.

This is a completely uneducated guess but I think the districts are merging into a single school but will have two seperate campuses until the new school is completed.
Does any other school in the state have "separate campuses?"
Does any other school in the state have "separate campuses?"

 

None that come to mind.

 

Thanks for not pointing out my misspelling. I was really multi-tasking at that point and didn't review my spelling.

They should be the Mercer County Pioneers. I never understood the Scottie dog as a mascot. Pioneers is a good match with the Fort Harrod history.

The man the county is named after...Mercer...was Scottish.

None that come to mind.

 

Thanks for not pointing out my misspelling. I was really multi-tasking at that point and didn't review my spelling.

Actually, I hadn't even noticed. Heck, we all do it sometimes, and I'm a champeen speller. :lol:

 

I know "separate campuses" aren't uncommon in your neck of the woods, but I've never heard of that concept in Kentucky.

From what I hear Jaggers is Football coach. yeast is assistant AD.

Don't think AD has been decided although from what I know of Yeast he would be great.

I heard that as long as they were one school and one school code that regardless of where the classes were held they could play together as one team.

The man the county is named after...Mercer...was Scottish.

 

Then why not have the mascot be a set of golf clubs instead of a scottie dog?

 

A little "mop dog" doesn't exactly strike fear in opponents.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.