Tiger takes leave of absence

spindoc

At his level it is all mind games. He needs to somehow figure out how to clear that. He really only competed against himself during the great years and just retooled too much. I am unsure on if he can make it back. It won't surprise me either way. Lots of guys play their best golf in their 40's, Kenny Perry comes to mind.

I think he is scared. Both his long game and short game are a mess right now. The Golf Channel guys actually thought there would be a bigger announcement from Tiger today...like he might be taking an extended period of time off. This announcement does not really mean much. He may be back in a few weeks.

Humble yourself and go back to Butch before it's all over.

Most people think Tiger has only had one divorce - from Elin. He has actually had two. His first one was from Butch. I think there is a better chance he gets back with Elin than with Butch. If he ever wants to get back with Butch, he better be ready to write a really big check. I think Butch cannot stand Tiger.

Most people think Tiger has only had one divorce - from Elin. He has actually had two. His first one was from Butch. I think there is a better chance he gets back with Elin than with Butch. If he ever wants to get back with Butch, he better be ready to write a really big check. I think Butch cannot stand Tiger.

It'd be worth it. Him leaving Butch has proven to be the most egotistical and dumbest thing he ever did.

The mental aspect is strong, but having similar injuries (sans the long iron to the head from my wife), knee and back, I believe there is a stronger physical issue. At least the last few years, it seemed to me that Tiger had an almost violent swing motion to gain high club-head speed. This motion will work against chronic injuries every time. I think he needs to re-evalute his swing...give up a few yards if he must, but manufacture a swing that isn't so stressful on his body. I think it will actually help him keep the ball in play more too.

The mental aspect is strong, but having similar injuries (sans the long iron to the head from my wife), knee and back, I believe there is a stronger physical issue. At least the last few years, it seemed to me that Tiger had an almost violent swing motion to gain high club-head speed. This motion will work against chronic injuries every time. I think he needs to re-evalute his swing...give up a few yards if he must, but manufacture a swing that isn't so stressful on his body. I think it will actually help him keep the ball in play more too.

From what I've heard and watched, this.

Doesn't account for the horrific short game, though.

From what I've heard and watched, this.

Doesn't account for the horrific short game, though.

Good point....he is either not putting the time in, or the short game is mental. It could be also that he is so frustrated by the time he gets around the green so that he gives up....still mental.

If Tiger truly wants to get his game back he needs to give in and go back to Butch or Hank. I think Butch would be more willing than Hank would be from what I've read over the last few years. But he needs someone that will tell him what he needs to hear not what he wants to hear.