Wolfe County 36 Elliott County 32

Elliott played without it's head coach tonight who had a family emergency. Boys just didn't seem to have the energy they usually do. Hats off to Wolf County. They really slowed Elliott down and played great defense. They played their hearts out and though I'm an Elliott fan it was uplifting seeing Wolfs bench cheer after very basket.

Elliott played without it's head coach tonight who had a family emergency. Boys just didn't seem to have the energy they usually do. Hats off to Wolf County. They really slowed Elliott down and played great defense. They played their hearts out and though I'm an Elliott fan it was uplifting seeing Wolfs bench cheer after very basket.

I hope everything is ok for Coach Adkins. You are correct. Elliott just didn't knock down the shots they usually do and really I thought didn't take advantage of their size. This was one of those games where if they play 10 times the Lions win 9 of them.

Yes everything is well for Coach Adkins. Yeah Elliott just seemed gassed tonight and often stood around with the ball like they wernt sure what to do. And your right our shooters just couldn't get rolling. I owe that to the great defense I thought Wolf played. They didn't give our boys any easy shots.

Here is another example of coaching vs talent.

One thing Robert Scott Creech has never been accused of is being a great coach. Elliott county played terrible. Doesn't take coaching to know when you can't run with a far superior team, then you will have to take the air out of the ball.

One thing Robert Scott Creech has never been accused of is being a great coach. Elliott county played terrible. Doesn't take coaching to know when you can't run with a far superior team, then you will have to take the air out of the ball.

Isn't that an example of coaching, taking what you've got and winning. Surely you give some of the credit to Coach Creech or are Elliott Co 2 assistant last night just horrible. Looks like he should get the nod for being able to recognize his talents and putting together a game plan and winning. Thats more than some of the area teams in the 16th have been able to do up till this point. I vote for Robert Scott Creech!

Yes it's a great debate. Myself, I choose talent over coaching any day. However I do think when someone else is at the helm from what a team is used to, it brings about a different dynamic from the team. Motivation, consistency, having that one person you depend on every game for an answer in the heat if the game means a lot. In no way whatsoever am I saying that Coach Adkins absence was the reason Elliott lost; Wolf played a great game and Coach Creach was on top of every play. I'm just saying in general having someone different on the bench can play games with a persons mind and emotions.

Yes it's a great debate. Myself, I choose talent over coaching any day. However I do think when someone else is at the helm from what a team is used to, it brings about a different dynamic from the team. Motivation, consistency, having that one person you depend on every game for an answer in the heat if the game means a lot. In no way whatsoever am I saying that Coach Adkins absence was the reason Elliott lost; Wolf played a great game and Coach Creach was on top of every play. I'm just saying in general having someone different on the bench can play games with a persons mind and emotions.

You can have all the talent in the world , but if you don't have a coach who knows how to use it , it doesn't matter. Sure talent will win some game`s, but wont get you all the way.