Is Marshawn Lynch a future Hall of Fame running back?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is 1400 yards from 10,000 and 29 TD's from 100 in addition to being one of, if not the, most important offensive player for at least 1 Super Bowl Champion. 1 more huge year and he is in. Especially with the dirth of eligible running backs of this era.

He is 1400 yards from 10,000 and 29 TD's from 100 in addition to being one of, if not the, most important offensive player for at least 1 Super Bowl Champion. 1 more huge year and he is in. Especially with the dirth of eligible running backs of this era.

I think it will take a couple more big years which I'm sure he will do.

So basically what some of you are saying is the HOF is a popularity contest, and has nothing to do with football... Got it.

You have to have the numbers, which as of now Lynch doesn't, but I believe that sportswriters are a fickle bunch and would definately keep you out of the hall of fame if they don't like you.

As for the question, I think if he reaches 11,000 yards he's in. That's 2300 yards or so, and at his current 4.3 YPC clip, is around 540 carries. That's two seasons of work. He has one more season before the 30 cliff, but even if it takes him three seasons to get to 11,000, barring injury he's going to get there.