Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Marshawn Lynch a future Hall of Fame running back?

Featured Replies

I saw this on Sportscenter earlier today and thought it would be a pretty interesting topic to discuss, especially after all the attention he has drawn this week. Thoughts?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are selected by members of the media. If the NFL media is anything like the MLB media than probably not.

I sure hope not . Guy is a first class jerk . I hope he has a game losing beast mode fumble.

I sure hope not . Guy is a first class jerk . I hope he has a game losing beast mode fumble.

 

What's that have to do with anything? He's a heck of a running back.

I don't think he is a HOF'er right now.

 

I think back to Chad Johnson in his prime years he was a sure fire HOF'er I thought but sizzled out fast. Marshawn isn't there yet and would need several more top years.

He is 1400 yards from 10,000 and 29 TD's from 100 in addition to being one of, if not the, most important offensive player for at least 1 Super Bowl Champion. 1 more huge year and he is in. Especially with the dirth of eligible running backs of this era.

Hit personality and attitude keep him out. Can't treat the media like dirt and get in.

 

Plus he wouldn't show up for the induction because he may have to speak.

He is 1400 yards from 10,000 and 29 TD's from 100 in addition to being one of, if not the, most important offensive player for at least 1 Super Bowl Champion. 1 more huge year and he is in. Especially with the dirth of eligible running backs of this era.

 

I think it will take a couple more big years which I'm sure he will do.

So basically what some of you are saying is the HOF is a popularity contest, and has nothing to do with football... Got it.

Watch Marshawn and Gronk on Conan playing XBox. It will soften your heart to Lynch.

So basically what some of you are saying is the HOF is a popularity contest, and has nothing to do with football... Got it.

 

You have to have the numbers, which as of now Lynch doesn't, but I believe that sportswriters are a fickle bunch and would definately keep you out of the hall of fame if they don't like you.

I agree with some of the earlier posters. It's a little too early to tell. I don't think there is another back in the league right now who gets as many yards after contact as he does. I really like the effort he brings.

Watch Marshawn and Gronk on Conan playing XBox. It will soften your heart to Lynch.

 

That segment was HILARIOUS.

 

"What are you on?"

As for the question, I think if he reaches 11,000 yards he's in. That's 2300 yards or so, and at his current 4.3 YPC clip, is around 540 carries. That's two seasons of work. He has one more season before the 30 cliff, but even if it takes him three seasons to get to 11,000, barring injury he's going to get there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.