Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Marshawn Lynch a future Hall of Fame running back?

Featured Replies

As for the question, I think if he reaches 11,000 yards he's in. That's 2300 yards or so, and at his current 4.3 YPC clip, is around 540 carries. That's two seasons of work. He has one more season before the 30 cliff, but even if it takes him three seasons to get to 11,000, barring injury he's going to get there.

The Bus has 13,662yds and a SB ring and still not in.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bus has 13,662yds and a SB ring and still not in.

 

He'll get in this season. He also played in an era when more running backs put up big numbers. Lynch will have some of, if not the best, numbers of the group of running backs of his era.

The Bus has 13,662yds and a SB ring and still not in.

 

But do you think he'll never make it? Because I think he will. He's been a finalist several straight years. Just read an article about how 11 of the top 14 rushers are currently in, and of those not, two aren't eligible yet (LT and Edgerrin) and the other is Bettis.

That segment was HILARIOUS.

 

"What are you on?"

 

Lipitor. Do I get free money?

The Bus has 13,662yds and a SB ring and still not in.

 

I think that he should be. However, his last 2 seasons were as a glorified fullback

But do you think he'll never make it? Because I think he will. He's been a finalist several straight years. Just read an article about how 11 of the top 14 rushers are currently in, and of those not, two aren't eligible yet (LT and Edgerrin) and the other is Bettis.

I do. But just showing that a total of 11k is not a shoe in

I say he's tracking in the right direction.

I do. But just showing that a total of 11k is not a shoe in

 

I'm saying for Lynch it will be.

 

The only eligible players over 11K rushing yards that are not in are Bettis and Corey Dillon. My bet is that Lynch won't be the exception Dillon is.

I sure hope not . Guy is a first class jerk . I hope he has a game losing beast mode fumble.

 

I think we need to be careful to not label a guy a "jerk" just because he is in a dispute with the NFL about talking with the media. He may be a jerk but he may not be too. I watched Richard Sherman talk at length about what a really good guy Lynch is. He supposedly does a lot of things with kids who are in tough situations...and does so quietly (not to get attention). His teammates all seem to love him which says a lot too. Even if he is a jerk, it should have no bearing on his HOF status - but we all know it very well could.

I love watching him run the ball. Dude is one of the hardest runners to bring down Ive ever seen. I think if he stays healthy and plays a few more seasons, he's in.

Beastmode is a HOFer IMO. He's the best Non-Adrian Peterson back in the league by a large margin IMO.

I think Lynch is a total stud but is he better than DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles or Le'veon Bell?? I certainly don't think he is by "a wide margin"...

I think Lynch is a total stud but is he better than DeMarco Murray' date=' Jamaal Charles or Le'veon Bell?? I certainly don't think he is by "a wide margin"...[/quote']

 

Those guys gotta get a few more years under their belt before they're close to Marshawn, right?

Speaking of Bettis, he was just elected to the Hall.....

I think Lynch is a total stud but is he better than DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles or Le'veon Bell?? I certainly don't think he is by "a wide margin"...

None of those have the years in to be compared IMO. Charles is the closest to me. Murray and Bell need more seasons of top play to compare to Lynch. JMO

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.