Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will the next Boone County coach?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 103
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ben is a good guy but not head coach material.

Ben has been with the program for a while but I am not sure in what capacity. Does he have the coaching resume to step in and keep rebuilding the program?

Maybe, maybe not. However, his heart and soul are imbedded in that program and the players want to play for him. If the well is dry, maybe go after a coach that has a dog in the fight!!

Has anyone heard anything about who may have applied?

Ben Brown!!!! I don't think one of those players would disagree;)
Ben would be an excellent choice!

Ben has been extremely loyal to Boone and is a guy with great character. Its not always about wins and losses. He's the kind of guy who teaches your kids to do things the right way. I'd definitely pull for him if he wanted and got the job.

Ben has been extremely loyal to Boone and is a guy with great character. Its not always about wins and losses. He's the kind of guy who teaches your kids to do things the right way. I'd definitely pull for him if he wanted and got the job.

 

I hear ya' Tuna, I do, but it IS about wins and losses. Less wins, waning interest in the stands and school, less gate, less boys coming out for football, etc. Just ask Scott High School.

I hear ya' Tuna, I do, but it IS about wins and losses. Less wins, waning interest in the stands and school, less gate, less boys coming out for football, etc. Just ask Scott High School.

 

True... However Scott is moving in the right direction , for the program.

I hear ya' Tuna, I do, but it IS about wins and losses. Less wins, waning interest in the stands and school, less gate, less boys coming out for football, etc. Just ask Scott High School.

 

10 years ago yes. But that is not an accurate description of Scott High School and hasn't been for close to 5 years. Improving numbers, better on field results and more and more support from the community. I did get to experience the tail end of the Scott bad years, and I don't think Boone has quite sunk to that level. If they get the right guy in place, they can start to turn things around, and probably fairly quickly.

If I were a coach with choices I would take Scott before Boone.

If I were a coach with choices I would take Scott before Boone.

 

Yep. Facilities, an established, stable, growing feeder system, good middle school program that shares a campus with you and now in a competitive but not super difficult district for the next 4 years. Plus with very little history or tradition, not a ton of pressure to win state titles.

If I were a coach with choices I would take Scott before Boone.

 

Scott already has a good coach. :D

Scott already has a good coach. :D

 

Correct. I was replying in response to someone comparing Scott and Boone.

 

At first blush most would say Boone is the better job between the two. When you take a step back and look at today that's simply not true.

10 years ago yes. But that is not an accurate description of Scott High School and hasn't been for close to 5 years. Improving numbers, better on field results and more and more support from the community. I did get to experience the tail end of the Scott bad years, and I don't think Boone has quite sunk to that level. If they get the right guy in place, they can start to turn things around, and probably fairly quickly.

 

I used Scott as an example of how an effort was made to try and turn things around other than getting a new coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.