Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will the next Boone County coach?

Featured Replies

I used Scott as an example of how an effort was made to try and turn things around other than getting a new coach.

 

The biggest difference is Scott has some unreal athletes.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference is Scott has some unreal athletes.

 

No disrespect to Scott meant here, but where were those unreal athletes a few years ago? I'll say those type of athletes were always there, just didn't want to play for a struggling program. Now SHS is having some success in their football program and things are looking brighter.

The biggest difference is Scott has some unreal athletes.

Yeah..I agree Scott does have the talent in the coaching department as well as the athletes.

No disrespect to Scott meant here, but where were those unreal athletes a few years ago? I'll say those type of athletes were always there, just didn't want to play for a struggling program. Now SHS is having some success in their football program and things are looking brighter.

 

Not to get the thread off track, but those athletes a few years ago didn't go to Scott. They decided to go to other schools. Now that Scott is a viable option most are deciding to stay, and some even come in from out of district now.

 

With no open enrollment in Boone County, they at least get to hold on to their athletes.

Edited by rjs4470

If u build it ....they will come... They have a good established 6 year foundation, built from great coaching and a great facilities with a community hungry to win !! The athletes want to play here .... It's a great thing here !!

Whoever is hired, people better circle the wagons; being overly optimistic and positive. If everybody involved isn't willing to give this thing some serious time to develop, then I pity the next hire.

 

You aren't talking about 'Joe Blow' Football program. This is one that has a little bit of clout to it when you mention it's name, even after just winning 2 games in 3 years. You just lost dang good coach to a job that doesn't have near the reputation that Boone STILL has (a lot of that might have just been wanting to get back to the south central KY area).

 

Big school. Big community, and a nice one at that (talking all most all of NKY). If everybody isn't on the same page, and I mean everybody...then, forget it; in years to come when looking back on the good ole' days...they will seem like a fairy tales.

I agree Harry, Boone has a huge task with this hire.

I don't think Coach Griffith leaving had anything to do with wanting to get back toward BG and everything to do with winning. I saw their freshman play this year at Boone and you are right people better be patient. A dang good football coach was fixing to get buried alive at Boone and I think he knew that. And for anyone that thinks he is not one hell of a coach just ask the people in western Kentucky they know what a major part of

BG winning those state titles he was. And yes he is a dang good head coach, had success at Wayne Co. in the late 90's. A great program at Boone has now been eaten up with more schools underneath their BOE and the Board could careless about football. IMO

I don't think Coach Griffith leaving had anything to do with wanting to get back toward BG and everything to do with winning. I saw their freshman play this year at Boone and you are right people better be patient. A dang good football coach was fixing to get buried alive at Boone and I think he knew that. And for anyone that thinks he is not one hell of a coach just ask the people in western Kentucky they know what a major part of

BG winning those state titles he was. And yes he is a dang good head coach, had success at Wayne Co. in the late 90's. A great program at Boone has now been eaten up with more schools underneath their BOE and the Board could careless about football. IMO

 

1. I am not sure on all the reasons but I think winning and going home sound plausible.

 

2. I agree Coach Griff is a good coach, really. However, he didn't have enough help at Boone and Coach Griff wasn't able to bridge the gaps himself.

 

3. I didn't think he had much success at Wayne? And I think the records are on the KHSAA Scoreboard, correct?

 

4. I agree the Boone County Board of Education looks at most sports related issues as afterthoughts.

 

5. Off topic a little, if your son or daughter is any kind of athlete at all and you live in Boone County you need to be looking around for the best option for your child. And that option may not be any of the Boone County schools.

I agree . I have seen several kids and family's make the jump to kenton county . I know of a few family's personally

That moved thier kids to Taylormill and not regretted it one bit . Good luck to Boone in thier decision and the future of the program . I do wish them the best of luck !!!

I agree . I have seen several kids and family's make the jump to kenton county . I know of a few family's personally

That moved thier kids to Taylormill and not regretted it one bit . Good luck to Boone in thier decision and the future of the program . I do wish them the best of luck !!!

 

I think we are on the same page, I meant all of the Boone County schools. All you have to do is look at the terrible football facilities all the schools but Ryle have. And Ryle only has the nice field because of a private donation.

 

The Boone County Board of Education should be ashamed of themselves.

I think we are on the same page, I meant all of the Boone County schools. All you have to do is look at the terrible football facilities all the schools but Ryle have. And Ryle only has the nice field because of a private donation.

 

The Boone County Board of Education should be ashamed of themselves.

 

why do the BOE in Boone County Operate in such a way? Does anyone know?

^ It's not important to them, can't really be anything else.

^ It's not important to them, can't really be anything else.

 

I think that most people in the administration would say that they do value athletics but it is not the primary driver of all of the money that is allocated by the state. I would say that Boone County also pays in more that they receive due to other poor regions in the state. I would like to see the budget or game plan that Kenton County used compared to what Boone County has done with that same money over the last few years. I agree that the facilities are very poor in comparison at this point over all. It was just twenty years ago that playing on Boone Counties field was considered a treat. Now, not so much.

I think that most people in the administration would say that they do value athletics but it is not the primary driver of all of the money that is allocated by the state. I would say that Boone County also pays in more that they receive due to other poor regions in the state. I would like to see the budget or game plan that Kenton County used compared to what Boone County has done with that same money over the last few years. I agree that the facilities are very poor in comparison at this point over all. It was just twenty years ago that playing on Boone Counties field was considered a treat. Now, not so much.

 

Right, no matter how you slice the pie the Boone County schools are way behind and that is a direct reflection of the Boone County Board of Education.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.