Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will the next Boone County coach?

Featured Replies

People are calling the Boone job, what people from Boone called the Scott job 15 years ago. Boone is gonna have to remodel the program from the ground up.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask again. What's Boone County's schedule for the next cycle? Seems the next HC would want to know that. Does he have a chance?

LexCath

Conner

Ryle

Lafayette

South Oldham

Dixie Heights

Simon Kenton

Cooper

Campbell County

Highlands

LexCath

Conner

Ryle

Lafayette

South Oldham

Dixie Heights

Simon Kenton

Cooper

Campbell County

Highlands

 

So possibly 2-3 wins? 4 if they are lucky?

So possibly 2-3 wins? 4 if they are lucky?

 

No clue to be honest. I just went to their school website, followed athletics link until I found football and there it was. I couldn't be further removed to all things NKY and Boone County Football.

 

Just going off the last three years though, and from what everybody has been saying on the Boone County threads, 2-3 wins would be great year with that schedule and 4 would be icing on the cake.

 

I know Griff is a good coach. Here is hoping whomever lands it next is able to pick things up (which had to be some positives) and build on what's been established.

 

That's a loaded schedule from top to bottom IMO.

2 wins tops. Conner and Dixie maybe. That last one is a big if. I know they lost a lot.

Rumor I heard was that a head coach in Oldham County might be interested. Has family in NKY and Cincy area. He knows those NKY teams well!

What characteristics should the school be looking for in the new coach for him to be successful in this situation?

^ Vince Lombardi would work.

 

Besides being a very good football guy with good integrity, he must be committed to BCHS. This is a hard position to take and it will require stick-to-it-tiveness and a willingness to be here for the long haul.

I think Bryson Warner would be a great hire. Isn't Kyle Neiderman an Assistant Principal at Newport Middle School or in some admiistrative role in that district?

 

Does anyone know if Eric Turner applied? What about Marty Steele?

 

What about Dave Eckstein coming out of retirement?

^ Tell me what you know about Steele's football background. What would qualify him to be the HC at Boone? This is the same Steele who is Athletic Director at Boone, correct? I do not know anything about him. The reason I ask is because that would make sense since he is already at Boone.

^ Vince Lombardi would work.

 

Besides being a very good football guy with good integrity, he must be committed to BCHS. This is a hard position to take and it will require stick-to-it-tiveness and a willingness to be here for the long haul.

 

You say long haul, ADMIN ARE FIRING coaches all over the state after 1 or 2 bad years! Coaches don't have a long haul. Say what you want and people will say long haul and when the guy has 2 or 3 bad years all the people talking about the long haul will be the ones saying 'FIRE HIM NOW'!!!! I saw there freshman play this year and IMO they better give the guy 5 or 6 years to make it happen but I just don't see in todays world no coach will even get 3 years if his team is bad! BUT I do aggr

You say long haul, ADMIN ARE FIRING coaches all over the state after 1 or 2 bad years! Coaches don't have a long haul. Say what you want and people will say long haul and when the guy has 2 or 3 bad years all the people talking about the long haul will be the ones saying 'FIRE HIM NOW'!!!! I saw there freshman play this year and IMO they better give the guy 5 or 6 years to make it happen but I just don't see in todays world no coach will even get 3 years if his team is bad! BUT I do aggr
Sorry got cut off. I do agree with you on the fact they need to give him the long haul.

^ Can't argue with your logic, golden eagle.

I don't think it is so much about what the Principal will give the new coach, I think it is more about finding a qualified new coach willing to stay for the long haul.

 

The powers to be at Boone better consider this carefully because unlike two years ago when they hired Coach Griff they are no longer in a position of strength.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.