Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If You're Chip Kelly........

Featured Replies

Do you ship Nick Foles and your first round draft pick for Marcus Mariota?

 

I say yes. Foles has been pretty good in Chip Kelly's system and truthfully Mark Sanchez wasn't bad. Wouldn't Mariota be the perfect choice for Chip Kelly and the Eagles?

Pretty big gamble for Kelly. Goes wrong and it's his job, I'd think. I think I stick with Foles.

Do you ship Nick Foles and your first round draft pick for Marcus Mariota?

 

I say yes. Foles has been pretty good in Chip Kelly's system and truthfully Mark Sanchez wasn't bad. Wouldn't Mariota be the perfect choice for Chip Kelly and the Eagles?

I love pretend trade talk that almost NEVER has a chance to work or happen.

 

Who do you think is going to trade down 15-20 spots for Foles?

  • Author
I love pretend trade talk that almost NEVER has a chance to work or happen.

 

Who do you think is going to trade down 15-20 spots for Foles?

 

 

No clue. I was listening to talk radio and someone was speaking about how much Chip Kelly loves Marcus Mariota and thought Mariota to the Eagles would make a good topic for discussion on BGP.

 

As a Bucs fan I'd take Foles over Winston and Mariota right now and I'd definitely take Foles over McCown and Glennon.

We will never know, but I think an interesting question for Chip Kelly to answer is if he feels Mariotta can succeed at the NFL level. He recruited him to lead Oregon, not an NFL offense. Having spent a couple seasons now in the NFL, I wonder if he feels Mariotta is a viable option at this level.

As sure as the Liberty bell is cracked, I'd do it if I was him.

Anyone know Mariota's draft ranking? I know he is projected as the second QB, but it is not as if he has a really high grade. I am not as sure as others he is going to end up being drafted in the top 2-3 spots like many are projecting.

I'd keep Foles, no question. A known commodity who has been pretty good. Marioa is unknown. Too much of a gamble.

I wouldn't. Too many college system QBs that havent transitioned well to the NFL

I wouldn't. Too many college system QBs that havent transitioned well to the NFL

 

In this case he'd be in the same "System"

In this case he'd be in the same "System"

 

Don't think its exactly the same. And is it all that successful in the NFL? Looked pretty easy to shut down a little over a week ago.

.....

 

It will take a LOT more than Foles and a 1st, but yes, I think there is a good chance Chip Kelly mortgages the farm, trades a zillion picks, all to get up and get Mariota. No one knows him better than Chip, so for us to say how dumb that would be is kind of silly. Clearly, if it doesn't work, he'd get fired....then be forced to go back to College and get a Harbaugh-like deal from any number of top programs. Whoa...that is such a risk for Chip....

I doubt it, Chip has said in the past that he thinks NFL teams spend way too much money on Qbs and it hurts the rest of the team.

I doubt it, Chip has said in the past that he thinks NFL teams spend way too much money on Qbs and it hurts the rest of the team.

 

Depending on what he has to give up, it could save them money. It probably take more than a 1st round choice and Foles. However if they could one of the teams at the top of the draft to go for that, then it actually will save them money too.

 

Either way, I don't think it will happen though.

I doubt it, Chip has said in the past that he thinks NFL teams spend way too much money on Qbs and it hurts the rest of the team.

 

Wonder how his perspective changed missing the playoffs and watching elite guys battle it out on TV on Sunday?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.