Highlands - Holy Cross Game Scheduled for 1/9 Cancelled

Looks like makeup date set.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Highlands, Holy Cross postponed

By G. MICHAEL GRAHAM

Fort Thomas Matters Sports Reporter

The 9th Region girls basketball showdown between the Highlands Ladybirds (13-1) and Covington Holy Cross Lady Indians (11-3) was postponed because of sickness.

The two will make it up on Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m. The Ladybirds have beaten the Lady Indians eight straight times.

Highlands plays again Tuesday against Cooper. Game time is 7:30 p.m.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish the article defined sickness. If this is we'd rather not play because 1 or 2 players out...does not speak well for HC

Sickness was the reason given. For sure. He's reporting "the reason". Maybe some HC fans can jump on and let us know who all was sick. That might help. Haven't heard from the HC fans.

I wil fill you in when/if I get the green light. You'll be the first to know. The whole story. Yes. Ther is more than even you lads the PM'd me got!!

My point is that regardless of the validity of the reason for the cancellation some reactions are simply over the top. A game got cancelled. Plenty more to play.

My point is that regardless of the validity of the reason for the cancellation some reactions are simply over the top. A game got cancelled. Plenty more to play.

More than just the game getting cancelled and the issues have nothing to do with the game getting cancelled.

I would agree that games get rescheduled ( snow and such). But I do think deceptive reasoning/intentions hurts the integrity of the game...what if teams could get away with that at will and avoid strong opponents whenever it benefited them...if there isn't some flue epidemic or other reasonable transparent reason.....its the deception that's the poor example for the players.. Not the issue of playing the game or not.

I think all teams should cancel aginst holy cross the reat of the year. A disgrace to high school girls basketball. Injury or sickness you still have enough kids to play. The ad/ coach should be investigated on this matter. The kids were at the coaches house for dinner on friday night if they were sick why were they all togather. If they were injured, they have enough kids to still play. Cancel the jv game. What a complete shame..