Highlands - Holy Cross Game Scheduled for 1/9 Cancelled

Fort Thomas Schools ‏@FTSchools 14m14 minutes ago

LadyBirds game on Friday against Holy Cross has been cancelled. New date TBD. #GoBirds

RCC9, whats up with that? Somebody have a bunch of kids sick??? Somebody turn the heat off in the gym???

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received a call that HC cancelled their game with Highlands on Friday night. HHS was told due to HC injuries and illness, their gym is shutdown.

But also heard school is in session tomorrow, the boys are practicing tomorrow and the boys are playing Saturday in the same gym.

Fort Thomas Schools ‏@FTSchools 14m14 minutes ago

LadyBirds game on Friday against Holy Cross has been cancelled. New date TBD. #GoBirds

RCC9, whats up with that? Somebody have a bunch of kids sick??? Somebody turn the heat off in the gym???

Just posted it on another thread.

Mods, can we combine please?

If I'm Coach Richey I prefer to wait to play them when they're at full strength.

I know my daughter wasn't looking forward to playing them with Mayhaus out. She felt it was a no-win situation for them. If they beat them, they didn't have Ally. If they lose, well then...

She wanted to play them full strength and was bummed to hear Mayhaus was out. Maybe it's a good thing.

If I'm Coach Richey I prefer to wait to play them when they're at full strength.

There may be a little more history here also...that leads back to a summer game as well. But I don't know all those details, so maybe someone that does can fill us in. :lol2:

Just received a call that HC cancelled their game with Highlands on Friday night. HHS was told due to HC injuries and illness, their gym is shutdown.

But also heard school is in session tomorrow, the boys are practicing tomorrow and the boys are playing Saturday in the same gym.

Hmmm, could concern over results influenced this decision? Was this supposed to be @ HHS or HC??

Hmmm, could concern over results influenced this decision? Was this supposed to be @ HHS or HC??

Not sure, but my guess there isn't many programs in the state that haven't or aren't fighting through illness and injuries.

But again, our girls were ready to play, but I know they wanted it to be at full strength.

Just calling it how I see it. Every team deals with injuries and sickness and still go out there and compete

It may sound harsh, but I tend to agree. Lace 'em up. The Scott boys did a month ago ant took their lumps. Probably made them a better team in the long run by giving reserves lots more PT at the varsity level.