Highlands - Holy Cross Game Scheduled for 1/9 Cancelled

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is the only one that it could not happen.

How many baseball games have been cancelled because an ace pitcher was on the shelf? How many soccer games called off because the starting goalie had a boo-boo?

I love ya', Clyde; but we're on the opposite side of the fence on this one.

That's why half the JV team sits varsity, to get varsity experience, not sit there and look pretty, but then there are programs that do that..no confidence in your reserves. It's bad to make those girls sit, thinking they will get an opportunity to play "if" someone is sick or injured. But nope, we will cancel, and you can keep sitting, warming that bench. Thanks for work in practice and making our starters better, but your not good enough to play. Sad, very sad.

I don't know all the details but on the surface this doesn't make the program look to good. When kids are sick, go to your bench. They have plenty of kids but apparently they don't believe in them enough to compete. Sounds harsh but their actions speak volumes.

I agree, Scott and many other teams just manned up and kept on playing. What happens with HC if they have kids sick in the districts or Regions? Will they re-schedule (I know... not an option)? or will they just forfeit?

Come on coach, don't let the pressure get to you..... coach. I've always been taught as a leader that anyone can lead when things are going smooth. Real leaders step up when times are tough.

Mountain, say hello to mole hill.

As I would prefer to play them full strength and I really don't care that they cancelled, but I agree with you. The other thing is, if kids are forced into competing, they will gain valuable experience that potentially could help the team down the road. They may not win the league game, but who cares??? I'm not knocking them, because I don't know every detail either, but the only way I would cancel a varsity game is if I physically didn't have enough to field a team. Heck, two years ago, we went to play in a tournament at East Jessimine. The Saturday we played was prom at HHS (I know, poor scheduling! It was my first year!) But I could have cancelled that tournament in plenty of time for people to not even realize we were in it. 6 of our 9 players left early in the morning to go home and get ready (Girls!). I knew they were leaving before the season started, but we stayed and played anyway because I wanted to throw my backups in there to compete. We lost two games to two good teams, but my kids got some great experience.

If you have coaches that are worried about a regular season game or their record or polls, then that's not good. I have NO IDEA if this is the case here, but I'm in agreement with Soccer Dummy. Without knowing all the details, it doesn't look good for sure.

Can't help but bring it up, but what about last year when you had your Spring Break week wrong and had a two week lay-off. :whistling::lol:

Can't help but bring it up, but what about last year when you had your Spring Break week wrong and had a two week lay-off. :whistling::lol:

Quit exposing all my flaws!!!! I only have a few and you know more than many others!!!! Can't you keep a secret!!!!

:ohbrother:

Quit exposing all my flaws!!!! I only have a few and you know more than many others!!!! Can't you keep a secret!!!!

:ohbrother:

Now LB. The real plan behind the Spring Break snafu was to prepare for districts,,, Let our nemesis wear themselves out in the All A ( and some AA schools) and bring home the hardware... Sorry had to throw that in since rc. Is not biting

:laugh:

Would HC been able to pull this if game was away?

ring-ring

Home team: Hello

HC: We're all sick and a dog ate our homework. Can we reschedule?

Home team: No can do. We paid for the good refs and turned the heat on in the gym.

HC: but our tummies hurt after that Brossart loss

Home team: Your choice - show up or forfeit

HC: is there a 3rd choice?

Home team: only if you're honestly out of players

HC: you're breaking up... I'm in a tunnel... gotta go.

Edited by mcpapa