Highlands - Holy Cross Game Scheduled for 1/9 Cancelled

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people are not concerned about the weekly polls or rankings.

But people will be wondering if that played into the decision.

I am wondering more about whether it will play into how people vote?

Would a loss to HHS, while playing mostly playing from the bench have a big impact since the voters would know the story?

Or would cancelling have a bigger impact in the mind of the voters.

I know I would rather see HHS and HC play when both teams are fully firing. Would make for a much better game!

Sacred Heart is supposed to play Newport Central on Saturday. Does anyone know if they are healthy to play?

As far as I know, they are. Coming off a tough loss the a team right down the road from them, so they may be hungry, but not sick.

PS...got a giggle out of you post!

Stay tuned...more to come I think.

Hearing rumors that the illness isn't as prevalent as it was made out to be. Like "no one is sick" is the word I got from our roving reporter. Pretty good source, but still second hand. Here's the thing, if that really is the case...that's fine. And if it's not, but they are using it...still fine. (I guess) But if I'm a parent of an HC player and I know a little about the program and know who is and isn't sick and I know that illness isn't running rampant through the program...I'm not happy about this decision. What if you're the parent of the kid that might have seen more playing time??? What message are you sending that kid and family.

Again, I don't care about the cancellation...but I'm puzzled by it and the reasoning. Something doesn't smell right...to steal a quote from Clyde.

Sorry the parents wont have bragging rights on this since that is what it looks like to me especially for a couple guys. The fact of the matter is BOTH coaches agreed NOT to play for the safety of the kids ( remember them). Their is NOT going to be a game at this time get over it.

Sorry the parents wont have bragging rights on this since that is what it looks like to me especially for a couple guys. The fact of the matter is BOTH coaches agreed NOT to play for the safety of the kids ( remember them). Their is NOT going to be a game at this time get over it.

I'm over it and don't really care. And I know what the HHS coach was told and agreed to, based on the info they were given. My question is...the info they were given doesn't sync up to what seems to be really going on. The gym is closed?...and the boys are practicing and playing a game...school isn't closed, yet there's an epidemic. I know a lot more than I'm even saying on here. Trust me!

Secondly, what is the HHS staff supposed to do...Say "no, we want to play it. Sorry." Then they look like the bad guys! They really don't have a choice to do anything other than what they did or they would be the ones getting the heat. Think about it.

I'm over it and don't really care. And I know what the HHS coach was told and agreed to, based on the info they were given. My question is...the info they were given doesn't sync up to what seems to be really going on. The gym is closed?...and the boys are practicing and playing a game...school isn't closed, yet there's an epidemic. I know a lot more than I'm even saying on here. Trust me!

Secondly, what is the HHS staff supposed to do...Say "no, we want to play it. Sorry." Then they look like the bad guys! They really don't have a choice to do anything other than what they did or they would be the ones getting the heat. Think about it.

Tend to agree...

I know Coach Murphy is not a teacher or on staff @ HC. Perhaps he had a professional conflict?

Maybe...that would have been a good reason to provide HHS then. OR have the assistant take over for a game.

Was JFK assassinated by a lone gunmen?? Did we land on the moon?? Is there a flu epidemic at H.C.?? Stay tuned for this weeks episode of....Unsolved Mysteries!

I'm only teasing of course!