Highlands - Holy Cross Game Scheduled for 1/9 Cancelled

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only about 3 teams IMO that can win the 9th.

Birds, Holy Cross, Holmes (maybe NDA but...)

If you're one of these three teams why would you want to play your main competitor in a regular-season game where the opponent is not at full strength? You aren't preparing for nor learning about your opponent so you go into the 9th region tourney without knowing.

I say "call me when you're healthy and we'll get the game scheduled."

I disagree on the bolded part...

As a coach even if I already know I am out matched talent wise top to bottom, I still want to see my opponent and just see how they run the floor, see their swagger, see their strengths and if anybody doesn't believe this one you are just ignorant to sports...See their weaknesses, yes their weaknesses. Even great team have weaknesses and they can be exploited especially at the hs level.

A perfect but lost opportunity for HC to play this game and get a look imo.

Always hate when a coach sugarcoats a season and leads them to believe they are really good with a head turning record but when reality meets it paints a sorry lesson by the coach...this is not preparing your student athletes for the disappointments that life will present itself with now or in the fututre...JMO

Only once have I ever heard of a game being cancelled due to sickness. This team wasn't in our region. Coach put the ball in their court for a remake, that team never called back, we collected $250 bucks after the season. We found out they played a district game the next night, and obviously wanted to be rested for it.

Remember, it takes 2 people to let a game be cancelled. You may want to ask why your AD let them by, whoever heard of whining about having a sickness. *smdh*

Only once have I ever heard of a game being cancelled due to sickness. This team wasn't in our region. Coach put the ball in their court for a remake, that team never called back, we collected $250 bucks after the season. We found out they played a district game the next night, and obviously wanted to be rested for it.

Remember, it takes 2 people to let a game be cancelled. You may want to ask why your AD let them by, whoever heard of whining about having a sickness. *smdh*

I know the entire story and you're right, it takes two. But sometimes it's not worth the fight at the moment. Doesn't mean everyone involved was happy about what took place. You'll just have to trust me on that.

Wow...I have never seen 8 pages long for a game that got cancelled. I am still waiting for the real story.

If you pick and chose who to read in these 8 pages, "most" of the real story is here. But there is more. The ones that are confident in what they are saying...are not "speculating". Heck, some of them are HC people!

If I were an HHS backer, I'm not sure I'd be judging/complaining about the cancellation. If/when these two do face off, and both teams are at 100%, there could be a can opened up, and you might not be on the good end of that. Don't beat the beehive with a stick. Think it was best said that HHS was in a no win situation if HC was missing multiple, key players. Just my opinion.

If I were an HHS backer, I'm not sure I'd be judging/complaining about the cancellation. If/when these two do face off, and both teams are at 100%, there could be a can opened up, and you might not be on the good end of that. Don't beat the beehive with a stick. Think it was best said that HHS was in a no win situation if HC was missing multiple, key players. Just my opinion.

Really?? I guess we'll see.