Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5 worst and best Radio Guys in Cincinnati Sports

Featured Replies

Are Collingsworth and Sean Sean McDonough radio announcers in Cincinnati? How did we end up here?

 

I'm confused.

 

 

(FWIW, I agree on McDonough.)

  • Replies 61
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are Collingsworth and Sean Sean McDonough radio announcers in Cincinnati? How did we end up here?

 

I'm confused.

 

 

(FWIW, I agree on McDonough.)

 

 

Just throwing a fun fact out there about Collinsworth since someone mentioned him.

Just throwing a fun fact out there about Collinsworth since someone mentioned him.

 

Just tryin' to keep the wagon train on the trail, there Ma'am. Didn't want it to venture into trigonometry country. Them, there, tangents will kill ya. :D

Are Collingsworth and Sean Sean McDonough radio announcers in Cincinnati? How did we end up here?

 

I'm confused.

 

 

(FWIW, I agree on McDonough.)

 

Just trying to take the thread down a more positive trail. The talk of Collinsworth made me think.

I haven't heard Marty call a game, since I was in college. He was one of my favorites, thuogh. Grew up with him calling the Big Red Machine.

 

Dan Hoard is an excellent play-by-play guy.

 

What I've heard of Cincinnati sports talk, sounds just like Tampa sports talk. I listen to audio books, instead. :D

The best radio broadcaster I have ever heard do a Cincinnati Reds baseball game was Al Michaels. Yes.......the Al Michaels of NBC's Sunday night football.

 

He called the Reds games, prior to Marty, in the early 1970's. Fantastic radio man. Fantastic broadcaster, period.

Lance is horrible to listen to. Can't stand the over protection of the Cincy sports teams. So afraid to call them out for their poor performances every year. Hoard with his nicknames or way he says players names is annoying.

There is currently a petition going around to get NBC to drop Collinsworth.

 

A petition is circulating around the crowd-sourced activism website Change.org, calling for NBC to fire Cris Collinsworth.

 

The petition, which was posted Sunday, has received over 8,000 supporters as of this writing. Here is the petition's call-to-action:

 

We the Fans of the NFL, are fed up with Chris (sic) Collinsworth's bias, annoying, self-centered announcing style. Many viewers turns (sic) down the volume on their TV's to avoid having to listen to him. You are losing viewers because of him, and it will get worst (sic). We want him removed, so listening to a game will be enjoyable, instead of annoying!

The petition's poor grammar and spelling aside, the target goal of signatures is 10,000, which, for a petition that should carry a national appeal, seems like a paltry amount. NBC Sports, Collinsworth's home network, is one of the most widely-viewed sports networks in the nation, and has set a number of viewership records.

 

The petition is also curious given Collinsworth's award-winning career, having won five Emmy awards for his commentating over the last 15 years.

 

Even if it is off topic, I will say that I think CC is as good as any color guy in the business. I love him and Michaels together. I rank the top 4 football color guys as CC, a tie for second between Aikman and Gruden...and Simms a distant 4th.

 

Regarding the Cincy guys, I LOVE Dan Hoard - a pro's pro and from all accounts a great guy (also very good friends with Sean McDonough who is also great IMO). I totally agree with the sentiment about Marty being a caricature of himself. I cannot stand the "Cowboy". When he is paired with Thom, really hard to listen to IMO. I literally turn off the Chickster if he is on the air. Mo Egger is very good....

Growing up I loved listening to Marty and Joe...but Marty is almost impossible to listen to now.

I can't stand Marty!

The absolute worst in Cincinnati recent history are in no particular order: Chick Ludwig, C. Trent (Darth Vader) Rosecrans and Latrell Hawkins, who might be the single biggest donkey in history.

I think Hoard does a great job but too nasally for me.

I don't get the criticism of Hoard. I've always found him to be an outstanding announcer. I can handle Bengal Lapham in small doses, but his schtick would wear on me pretty quick if I listened to all the Bengals radio broadcasts. He's outstanding doing college games.

I would rather listen to Delilah talk about relationships, while getting my fingernails pulled out with vice-grips, than to listen to Chick Ludwig on a daily basis.

 

"Whats happenen stud!"

THE WORST:

 

1) Alan Cutler- " It Just Feels Good "

 

2) Dan Hoard- " AJ Jeramia Green "

 

3) Thomb Brennaman- " Daddy's coat tails "

 

4) Ken Broo- " Good with Music, awful in sports "

 

5) Lance Mcalister " Biggest homer on the face of the earth, and no matter what, always protects and Cincinnati team, just because. They can never do any wrong :puke:

 

The Best: Could only come up with 4

 

1) Marty Brennaman- HOF

 

2) Jim Kelch- Does a good job

 

3) Joe Sunderman- does a good job

 

4) Mo Egger- wouldn't had made my list until he turned on the Bengals the other night, and called them out, welcome aboard Mo. :thumb:

 

I am not sure what you are talking about on Mo Egger. He is one I have always liked because he seems to talk about true facts. I know some of you all who only like to be negative, don't like it when he talks positive about the Bengals after they do something good. However when they do something bad he is not afraid to call them out. That's why he has always been one of my favorites, he seems to just call them exactly like he sees it. Not always positive about things, but not always complaining just to complain like others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.