Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Second Biggest Men's College BB Rivalry

Featured Replies

I think it obvious the biggest is Duke and UNC but who is second? I am hesistant to say UK and UofL since I live in Louisville so I assume it would only be my bias to say it is UK an UofL but......who is it?

 

Or......is it UK and UofL?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If UK and Louisville were in the same conference, I think it would be the biggest.

 

I have the same bias as Bert, obviously.

If Duke/UNC isn't #1 then it is #2. The only rivalry I would put above Duke/UNC is UK/UL.

Also Biased, but I really can't think of one that would be bigger but UK/UL is IMO behind Duke/UNC.

 

I guess we'd have to decide how to define it though.

UK/UL

Duke/UNC

 

are the two biggest no matter which way you rank them.

I think right now, you can make a case for UK/UL being #1 because of Cal & Rick. But Duke/UNC, at least on a national level, is #1 most of the time.

If UK and Louisville were in the same conference, I think it would be the biggest.

 

Or if they moved the game to February.

Nationally it is Duke/UNC.

Prairie View and Clarion. Throw out the record books.

Aren't there some great rivalries between some smaller schools as well? UK/UL Duke/UNC may get all of the publicity but I'd bet there are some small school rivalries that are just as intense on and off of the court.

The biggest rivalry is relative to where you live and what teams you follow. With the annual Crosstown Showdown coming up, I'd say UC and Xavier think theirs is the biggest rivalry around.

 

Tennessee/Vanderbilt

Auburn/Alabama

Ole Miss/Miss St.

Notre Dame/Purdue

 

and on, and on, and on.....

The biggest rivalry is relative to where you live and what teams you follow. With the annual Crosstown Showdown coming up, I'd say UC and Xavier think theirs is the biggest rivalry around.

 

Tennessee/Vanderbilt

Auburn/Alabama

Ole Miss/Miss St.

Notre Dame/Purdue

 

and on, and on, and on.....

 

I don't think it's bigger than UL/UK or Carolina/Duke, but the Crosstown Shootout is near the top of the list. I'll be attending my first one in person this year!

I don't think it's bigger than UL/UK or Carolina/Duke, but the Crosstown Shootout is near the top of the list. I'll be attending my first one in person this year!

 

I definitely want to make it to a Showdown some time...

Does the fact that Duke/UNC play twice in a given year have any impact on their rivalry? If so...does it make each game more or less important?

Does the fact that Duke/UNC play twice in a given year have any impact on their rivalry? If so...does it make each game more or less important?

 

I would say less important in terms of the rivalry, but more important because it actually has an impact on the success of the season, being in conference together.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.