All Time Starting 5 by Region

I'll go out on a limb and put that team up against whatever anyone else comes up with from the other regions.

7th Region:

PG - Rajon Rondo - Eastern (long NBA career, has an NBA ring, 4 All Star games, numerous triple-double & assist records)

SG - Darrell Griffith - Male (Dr. Dunkenstein, 2nd pick in 1980 NBA Draft)

SF - Allen Houston - Ballard (11th Overall Pick in '93, Tennessee's All-Time Leading Scorer, 2 Time All Star)

PF - Rudy Macklin - Shawnee (NCAA 1st Team All American 2 years*; injured but still played 3 NBA seasons)

C - Wes Unseld - Seneca (2nd Player in ABA to win Rookie of the Year & MVP in season {Wilt was 1st}, averaged a double-double for pro career)

Bench:

SG - Ralph Beard - Male (toughest omission on a team full of guards just based on absence of stats)

SF - Wesley Cox - Male (18th Pick in 1978 NBA Draft)

SF - Jeff Lamp - Ballard (15th Overall Pick in '81, 9 year NBA career)

SF - Winston Bennett - Male (pre-injury, KY Mr. Basketball, McD All-American, NBA career post injury)

PF - Michael Bush - Male (simply an amazing athlete)

*Interesting Note: Rudy Macklin is in elite company, as he is one of only four LSU Tigers to have his jersey retired-- Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, and Bob Pettit are the other 3.

3rd Region

Kenny Higgs, Owensboro

Patrick Sparks, Muhlenburg North

Rex Chapman, Apollo

Cliff Hagan, Owensboro

Butch Beard, Breckenridge Co.

A good list, although there may be some question about Butch Beard being on it simply because I don't think Breck County was in the Third Region when we was there. If we are going by what regions the schools are now in, Corky Withrow from Central City should receive serious consideration. He was a 2-time first team all-state player who ended up playing major league baseball. Also deserving of consideration is Owensboro's Jerry Thurston, Mr. Basketball in 1972. He had the sweetest baseline jumper I have ever seen. I would put him on the first team ahead of Patrick Sparks. I also would put Apollo's Jeff Jones ahead of Sparks - not near the scorer but a really, really good player who went on to the University of Virginia where he played with Ralph Sampson.

12th would have a decent team but I'll let someone more knowledgeable list them.

A old school guys would be

Reggie Hanson (UK) Pulaski

Mark Fothergil (Maryland) Somerset

Paul Andrews (UK) Laurel

Brian Sheppard (Auburn) Pulaski

Tim Stephens (UK) McCreary

Bill Lewis (Sam Houston) Somerset

There are of course many more from the 12th

I'll go out on a limb and put that team up against whatever anyone else comes up with from the other regions.

7th Region:

PG - Rajon Rondo - Eastern (long NBA career, has an NBA ring, 4 All Star games, numerous triple-double & assist records)

SG - Darrell Griffith - Male (Dr. Dunkenstein, 2nd pick in 1980 NBA Draft)

SF - Allen Houston - Ballard (11th Overall Pick in '93, Tennessee's All-Time Leading Scorer, 2 Time All Star)

PF - Rudy Macklin - Shawnee (NCAA 1st Team All American 2 years*; injured but still played 3 NBA seasons)

C - Wes Unseld - Seneca (2nd Player in ABA to win Rookie of the Year & MVP in season {Wilt was 1st}, averaged a double-double for pro career)

Bench:

SG - Ralph Beard - Male (toughest omission on a team full of guards just based on absence of stats)

SF - Wesley Cox - Male (18th Pick in 1978 NBA Draft)

SF - Jeff Lamp - Ballard (15th Overall Pick in '81, 9 year NBA career)

SF - Winston Bennett - Male (pre-injury, KY Mr. Basketball, McD All-American, NBA career post injury)

PF - Michael Bush - Male (simply an amazing athlete)

*Interesting Note: Rudy Macklin is in elite company, as he is one of only four LSU Tigers to have his jersey retired-- Shaquille O'Neal, Pete Maravich, and Bob Pettit are the other 3.

Wow!

9th

Beal

Draud

Schloemer

?

?

SK was in the 9th when Troy McKinley played.

Other names...

Ross Neltner - Played at LSU

Derek Smith - Runner up Mr KY in basketball and football in the same year. Led HHS to the Sweet 16 finals his SR year.

I'm gonna try a 10th but won't get it right so please feel free to add to or take away.

Chris Lofton

Brent Bach

Chris Harrison

Alvin Simms

Darren Feldhause

That's just scratching the surface of all the greats that have played in the 10th like I said I've probally overlooked some one that's more deserving and I applogize in advance.