BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Playoffs – Round One Two

Godot

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he comes back in because of lack of new applicants' date=' he should be forced to keep that same team and not roll for a new team. Probably should institute a new rule of no trading future picks after this season[/quote']

Or at least he has to stay in the National Conference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Forum Runner

That's why I'm not fond of trading future draft picks. And if it's a new player you may not get that 3rd round pick.

I'm not in favor of it either, but if it was going to be allowed, I was going to take advantage of it. Just like Coach Cal. Not like there's anything I can do about it but I'll be pretty frustrated if I don't receive the extra pick I traded for. I was expecting an executive decision to come down and say "No trading for future picks" but once NamecipS pulled his off, it opened the door.

Depending on the direction that the league heads next year (Potential flex and/or a TE starting spot), Julius Thomas could have still provided a lot of value to my team (or even if I could have traded him in the offseason). So it was a calculated risk to move him. Now of course it worked out in my favor quite a bit because he got hurt and Bobby Rainey became worthless, and Josh Gordon came back, but I don't feel like I should lose that pick just because the High Risers didn't stay in the league (if that happens).

I'm sure some might not like it, but if the High Risers get booted, maybe there should be 17 picks in the 3rd round. The High Risers pick that belongs to me, my original pick, and then the new team gets added in and has a pick right before or right after the High Risers original pick.

Might be a simple and yet fair solution to all parties involved.

I'm not in favor of it either, but if it was going to be allowed, I was going to take advantage of it. Just like Coach Cal. Not like there's anything I can do about it but I'll be pretty frustrated if I don't receive the extra pick I traded for. I was expecting an executive decision to come down and say "No trading for future picks" but once NamecipS pulled his off, it opened the door.

Depending on the direction that the league heads next year (Potential flex and/or a TE starting spot), Julius Thomas could have still provided a lot of value to my team (or even if I could have traded him in the offseason). So it was a calculated risk to move him. Now of course it worked out in my favor quite a bit because he got hurt and Bobby Rainey became worthless, and Josh Gordon came back, but I don't feel like I should lose that pick just because the High Risers didn't stay in the league (if that happens).

I understand what you are saying, and agree with you. But look at this, would you taking a team, or join at league if you are not going to get a 3rd round draft pick?

I understand what you are saying, and agree with you. But look at this, would you taking a team, or join at league if you are not going to get a 3rd round draft pick?

Definitely wouldn't. Which is why I didn't think we should allow any trades for future draft picks until the "preseason". In my opinion, you can't allow some players (those with exemptions) to trade away or trade for future draft picks but not at all.

I think post #19 provides a potential solution which would be fair to myself as well as the new owner (assuming the High Risers don't win the Toilet Bowl. Maybe they do and we don't even have to worry about it.)

I'd suggest the "Rules Committee" comes in and puts a stop to it moving into next year like the NCAA does. Allowing what has happened to happened because there wasn't a rule, but then stopping it for future years because it could be detrimental to the league.

If he's back next year by the toilet bowl or by lack of new applicants, you got to make him stay in the national and whatever team he mans, loses it's 3rd round pick. I didn't like the idea of trading future picks cause someone can either quit the league or be forced out.

If you're going to allow a trade to go through, you have to allow MJ to have the pick, regardless of whether SV is back or not.
It's a can of worms that I hope work them self out.

I'm on record as saying I didn't like the trade to begin with.

If he's back next year by the toilet bowl or by lack of new applicants, you got to make him stay in the national and whatever team he mans, loses it's 3rd round pick. I didn't like the idea of trading future picks cause someone can either quit the league or be forced out.

He should have to keep his same team if he is back IMO.