November 26, 201411 yr Sure. How often has that happened? Not often, I heard a statistic that it is less than one half of one percent of all deaths resulting from police action.
November 26, 201411 yr Am I the only one that saw the cruiser being torched on Fox tonight and the idiots catching themselves on fire? It was awesome!!!! Lol Sorry I missed that one.
November 26, 201411 yr NY Times prints the address of the cop who shot Brown. Talk about putting him in danger. Yup and this agency decided to put the reporters address out there :lol2: Two New York Times Reporters Posted Darren Wilson?s Home Address. Look Here To See THEIR Home Addresses. | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
November 26, 201411 yr Yup and this agency decided to put the reporters address out there :lol2: Two New York Times Reporters Posted Darren Wilson?s Home Address. Look Here To See THEIR Home Addresses. | John Hawkins' Right Wing News I love it! I hate Ted Nuggent, but I'd love to see some of his followers make a visit to these two.
November 26, 201411 yr Yup and this agency decided to put the reporters address out there :lol2: Two New York Times Reporters Posted Darren Wilson?s Home Address. Look Here To See THEIR Home Addresses. | John Hawkins' Right Wing News Ok, that's good.
November 26, 201411 yr Police officer shot near Ferguson, hope everyone's happy Anything else on this? I saw where 2 FBI agents were shot but that wasn't until 2:53am and was totally unrelated. 2 FBI agents shot, injured in St. Louis area | Fox News
November 26, 201411 yr Two things from last night that make me scratch my head........... 1. Made the mistake of turning on The Rachel Madcow Show during a commercial break.....Good lord she is just painful to watch/listen to. :cry: 2. When will ANY of these "so called" reporters challenge any of these protesters with the FACTS of the case when they respond with their "so called" version of what happened. :ohbrother:
November 26, 201411 yr I love it! I hate Ted Nuggent, but I'd love to see some of his followers make a visit to these two. While I could see the irony I hope no one gets hurt. There are too many nutcases out there from all walks of life.
November 26, 201411 yr Two things from last night that make me scratch my head........... 1. Made the mistake of turning on The Rachel Madcow Show during a commercial break.....Good lord she is just painful to watch/listen to. :cry: 2. When will ANY of these "so called" reporters challenge any of these protesters with the FACTS of the case when they respond with their "so called" version of what happened. :ohbrother: Not going to happen very often
November 26, 201411 yr Author Two things from last night that make me scratch my head........... 1. Made the mistake of turning on The Rachel Madcow Show during a commercial break.....Good lord she is just painful to watch/listen to. :cry: 2. When will ANY of these "so called" reporters challenge any of these protesters with the FACTS of the case when they respond with their "so called" version of what happened. :ohbrother: Fox news is the only channel with them challenging anyone on what happened. Hannity and Kelly were doing a good job.
November 26, 201411 yr Sure. How often has that happened? Probably more than we know...just doesn't make the national news (and probably no reason to) so unless it happened locally probably wouldn't know about it.
November 26, 201411 yr 2. When will ANY of these "so called" reporters challenge any of these protesters with the FACTS of the case when they respond with their "so called" version of what happened. :ohbrother: I am not really getting in to what I think of the events of the fatal shots, but what has amazed me are those that flagrantly ignore the car scuffle which sparked everything. As in some will not even acknowledge it happened. And by all accounts, that is probably the most accurate chain of events that we know took place.
November 27, 201411 yr I don't know why you keep ignoring certain FACTS that have been repeated over and over and over. 1.) The Police didn't know he shot 70 people. He was arrested outside the theater by police who had most likely not even been inside yet. 2.) The Police didn't know anything about the caller saying it could be a toy gun. By all means, don't let facts get in the way of a point you are trying to make. I'm dropping all sarcasm in this one (people taking things I'm saying sarcastically sometimes as me being serious... and not talking about you at all in that and the next to last paragraph). I never said that the police knew the guy in Aurora shot 70 people. I'm sure it was chaos and no one was standing around counting. I will bet that they did knew that multiple people were shot. When Holmes was captured, police followed a trail of blood up to him, and he was still wearing a helmet, gas mask, and body armor. I think you can see why I think it's odd that we are hearing stories about two black people, one in a store, another child on the street that a caller identified as having a BB gun (and it wasn't the caller's fault the 911 operator either didn't do their job or that the officer ignored it). Why I bring this up: Research supports a statistically significant discrepancy between police's use of deadly force against minorities, especially black people, when compared against white people. That's all I was trying to point out, nothing more, nothing less. The Aurora shooting was an allusion to that. If Holmes were a black dude in a rough part of town wearing a helmet, gas mask, body armor, do you think he gets approached in the same way? The irony to me is that police officers still seem to feel that it's safe to approach a white person where they don't seem as sure about blacks. The reality of the situation is that someone wounded 70, with 12 of those being fatal, and is deranged enough to booby trap his apartment (whether or not they knew about those facts at the time isn't my point), my point is that is what he'd actually done. When stories hit the news and officers make judgments, the analysis of those are going to be based on, at least in some part, what was actually occurring. In maybe a 6 month span, we've heard about two black males killed while holding BB guns. I'd like to think that people can see that this is, if nothing else, unfortunate for the guys who were killed because it turns out that they didn't actually present the threat that they were perceived to have been. A few years ago Oscar Grant, an unarmed black man, was killed by an officer who "thought he was reaching for a gun" and who "meant to tase him, but accidentally grabbed his gun instead". When officers are even thinking of using crap excuses like that, it should tell you what I'm trying to say. Here are some scholarly articles that completely support my contentions. It isn't a newspaper or some drivel from a news station, so if there's any words in here that people don't understand, then they can go with the default "well, they must be impaired by some type of substance" about each of these authors after they review their work and come up with something relevant about confirmation bias, sampling errors, or some other type of valid criticism. At least in my book, these seem to be pretty credible in their research of fact, and seem to support exactly what I'm saying: "'But I Thought He Had a Gun' - Race and Police Use of Deadly Force" by Cynthia Lee http://defiant.ssc.uwo.ca/undergraduate/psych2720/the%20police%20officer's%20dilemma.pdf http://www.psychologicalscience.org/pdf/ps/racialbias.pdf Results from experimental trials testing participant responses to White, Hispanic and Black suspects in high-fidelity deadly force judgment and decision-making simulations - Springer The World Is Not Black and White: Racial Bias in the Decision to Shoot in a Multiethnic Context - Sadler - 2012 - Journal of Social Issues - Wiley Online Library
November 27, 201411 yr The two LA broadcasters for arrested so no feeds from there. Funny story, three years ago I was watching the LA feeds and George Lopez was there with a sign, of cored he was just kidding around lol
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.