Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Discontinued High School Sports

Featured Replies

I was checking my daughter's high school trophy case, and the high school has state boxing championship trophies from the 1940s. Makes me wonder what other high school sports have been discontinued over the years.

Soccer! :) lol

 

 

Do they still have slow pitch softball? I heard they were going to change to just fast pitch.

Soccer! :) lol

 

 

Do they still have slow pitch softball? I heard they were going to change to just fast pitch.

 

Did away with that a few years ago. There were still a few hold outs I remember in the WKY area but everyone either made the transition or gave it up.

Did away with that a few years ago. There were still a few hold outs I remember in the WKY area but everyone either made the transition or gave it up.

 

No, those holdouts were in NoKy. Never understood the attraction to beer league softball and the way some of those folks defended it on here. Ridiculous.

How many high schools have bass fishing? I would of loved that in high school

They use to have fencing as a KHSAA sport. Oneida Baptist won the state title a couple of times.

Rifle marksmanship used to be a sport at many schools.

Rifle marksmanship used to be a sport at many schools.

 

I wish it still was...

Bowling

 

Bowling is still an active sport

Bowling is still an active sport

 

As of about 4 years ago. Was bowling a sanctioned sport in the past?

As of about 4 years ago. Was bowling a sanctioned sport in the past?

 

I guess technically its labeled as an activity, along with Bass Fishing, Archery and Competitive Cheer. Records on the KHSAA site only go back to 2012.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.