November 7, 201411 yr Author Andy Dalton was just horrible. The lines got whipped on both sides of the ball. The Browns DB's knew every route the Bengals ran. Marvin is nowhere close to a Master Motivator. The Bengals have been blown out in three of nine games. This isn't a very good football team. First time I ever left in the 3rd quarter. I just can't say anymore, it was just way too embarrassing.
November 7, 201411 yr Dalton stats in nationally televised games per Chris Wesseling on Twitter: 54.6% completion percentage 5.6 YPA 8 touchdowns 14 interceptions 63 passer rating Ha. WOW. His/Marvin's contracts are sunk costs. Cut 'em. Why would Mike Brown do that, though? Mediocrity keeps people going to the games somehow.
November 7, 201411 yr As I said in the update thread, this makes Marvin only 1 game above .500 in 12 seasons and 4-12 (including losing the last 8) "primetime" games. Unless they can turn it around, him and Andy need to be somewhere else next season. This group has hit it's ceiling with those two.
November 7, 201411 yr @ESPNStatsInfo: Andy Dalton posted the worst single-game marks this season in Completion pct Completions (tied) Passing yards (minimum 25 attempts)
November 7, 201411 yr No defense of the Bengals here, they flat out sucked. Andy Dalton was absolutely horrible, and he should have been benched today. It doesn't help when your QB sucks in prime time games, however AJ Green also fails to do anything in prime time games either because even the few good throws Andy may make, he messes up. The offensive line was horrible, especially Newhouse which just made them not finding away to keep Collins look even worst. Defensively wasn't good either, however they were not as bad as they seem. With the offense sucking so bad, the defense was eventually going to get worn down. It doesn't matter that they have injuries, because they flat out just sucked tonight once again under the lights. I am not going to try to twist things around like others have done when the Bengals have proved their opinions wrong on how well the team had done during the seasons the last three years. At this point in the season I am wrong on this team, because they at this point are not a good football team. They looked like the Bengals of the 90's in their three losses. It's just very bad football at this point and no excuses for that. Now they have to go to New Orleans who is a different animal when they play at home. Which as bad as they sucked today, if they could find away to win that game then they may find themselves in good shape, because two very winnable road games after that. However with as bad as they looked today it is very hard to see that happening. I am definitely wrong on this team up to this point.
November 7, 201411 yr Author That is the worst performance I think I have ever seen out of a QB. I am not an AD basher, but tonight there was not one thing he did even bad. Everything was horrible.
November 7, 201411 yr That is the worst performance I think I have ever seen out of a QB. I am not an AD basher, but tonight there was not one thing he did even bad. Everything was horrible. There really is nothing at all that anyone can say that he did well tonight. I am one who usually laughs when people try to say put the backup in when Dalton may be off. However I was even wanting them to pull him earlier tonight. It was just flat out bad, and he has never been benched before. So who knows it could have helped, but there was no reason to have him in because there was no way to play as bad as he did.
November 7, 201411 yr @ESPNStatsInfo: Andy Dalton posted the worst single-game marks this season in Completion pct Completions (tied) Passing yards (minimum 25 attempts) And Chad Henne played 2 full games!
November 7, 201411 yr 100 million. Luckily they were at least smart enough to make it to where they could get out of the contract after next season without losing to much money. However I know that doesn't fix anything for this season or next.
November 7, 201411 yr Last night was very bad all the way around, nothing else to say about it. I thought about going a few weeks ago; very glad that I didn't. I haven't been to a game at PBS in three seasons and based on the way this one went, I'm glad that I haven't been since.
November 7, 201411 yr Don't post in Bengals threads often, and don't want to pile on because of a dreadful performance. I do consider myself a fan however, and have watched them a lot for a lot of years. A few things that stood out tonight, many of which were covered in the update thread: I can't think of any quarterback performance that I've ever seen in an NFL game than the one Dalton had tonight. I'm sure there is one out there, but I don't remember. I actually felt bad for the guy he was so bad. Didn't care for the Bengals signing him to a long term deal a bit. Tonight was brutal, but I never thought he was better than average. Hue Jackson got a TON of credit for the offense the first three weeks of the season. And now everyone wants to blame Marvin. Hue called all those plays that weren't runs when the Bengals were still in the ball game. Offense hasn't been good in over a month. Lots of missed tackles tonight led to a lot of Browns yards after contact. A LOT. I guess it happens, but I've never seen an NFL defense as reliant on one person as the Bengals seem to be. May just be me. What I said about Jackson not withstanding, Marvin has got to go. He should have been gone about five years ago in all honesty. We have all seen brutal in game decisions, brutal time management, etc., over and over and over. Worst in game coach in the NFL. At the end of the day, hard to keep bringing a guy back who is 1 game over.500 after 12 years, has never won a playoff game, and is now 4-12 in prime time games. What are you saying to your fan base when you say this is our status-qua, we are good with these numbers? Not one other franchise in the NFL would have hung with Marvin nearly this long. Not one. Lots of games left and the team could win the division, or get a wild card spot. It won't change my opinion on Dalton or Marvin though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.