Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Browns 24 Bengals 3

Featured Replies

I just knew when they were talking about Hill never fumbling that we would see one out of him. Always seems to happen.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is one more gem that we can't overlook about last nights game.

 

Going into the game, the Browns RB's that played last night were averaging a whopping 1 yard per carry.

In last nights game those same RB's avg'ed over 3.5 yards a carry. That is pathetic, especially since their O-Line was made up of a couple rookies including 1 that wasn't even drafted.

 

No. As is true of every NFL city, guys know a lot about their team but not much about the opponent. The Browns rushing game had been among the top in the league a few games ago (like among the top 5). Crowell had been averaging over 5 yards per carry, Tate 4.4, and West started out huge and then dropped off some but still well over 3 yds a carry. Then Cleveland lost their center due to injury and the running game came to a halt which then hurt the passing game. Hoyer is great at play action pass. If you can't run then you can't do play action pass. The line has been improving each game as the new guy learns the zone blocking scheme employed by Hoyer. They even put up a graphic last night showing how the play action pass was working for the Browns last night. The Browns had one of the best lines until that injury to Mack. It forced a guard to play center and a backup to start. Cleveland is sorting that out and the line play improves with each game. Plus, some of the injured D-Line made it back last night and had a huge impact.

 

Here's what I wrote in a previous thread on Nov. 3. It pretty much explains what happened last night.

 

Gordon comes back in Game 11. The Browns offense is struggling because their ground game disappeared. Their ground game disappeared because they lost their center. The blocking scheme employed by OC Shanahan requires a lot of the line and the new guy is still learning. Without being able to run the ball, they become very one dimensional and therefore make it hard on Hoyer and the passing game. If the Browns get some production from the run game, and that is a big IF, this will be an interesting game and I like the Browns chances.

 

Unfortunately, their D-Line is also suffering from multiple injuries and have had trouble stopping the run. The Bengals Jeremy Hill poses a big challenge. I am predicting Hoyer rises to the challenge and the defense does just enough to win this game. I hope Haden can shut down Green again. I am not sure that the Browns have another DB to hang with Sanu. Maybe Ginger will have a couple of misfires and Gipson will get a couple more pics. It would also be nice to see Hawkins have a big game.

 

Of course, that is just my perspective as a Browns fan living in Bengal territory.

The things I hoped would happen pretty much did and hence the outcome. The Browns have a potent running attack and have for most of the season. There was about two games recently when it struggled. Seems like it is on track again. Browns are as advertised--a team on the rise. They are putting some pieces together and are a legitimate team. At times they can be quite good. Last night they were a good team playing against another team that was having a horrible night. I didn't think Green would be able to shake Haden but I thought Sanu could have a big night. It didn't happen. Still, I'm not predicting Super Bowl for the Browns, yet. I am hoping for .500. That seems very achievable at this point, though the toughest part of their season lies ahead.

What?? Another team has injuries? And the backups don't totally suck?? Can't be.

Gresham needs cut today, period.

 

Dalton sucks, we have known this for a while now.

 

resigning Dalton and Burfict will hamstring this team for years.

Here is one more gem that we can't overlook about last nights game.

 

Going into the game, the Browns RB's that played last night were averaging a whopping 1 yard per carry.

In last nights game those same RB's avg'ed over 3.5 yards a carry. That is pathetic, especially since their O-Line was made up of a couple rookies including 1 that wasn't even drafted.

3.5 isn't bad. You can win lots of games allowing just that. If...

And here are some quotes from Jeremy Hill after the game. Is he really this stupid:

 

Asked whether the Browns were better than he previously thought, Hill said, "Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought, to be honest with you."

 

"They didn't do anything special to me," Hill continued. "I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

 

"Those guys, they're not that good," he said. "It was on us [Thursday]. We gave them the game, in my opinion. They didn't do anything special. We just gave them the game. They just sat back with coverage the whole day."

And here are some quotes from Jeremy Hill after the game. Is he really this stupid:

 

Asked whether the Browns were better than he previously thought, Hill said, "Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought, to be honest with you."

 

"They didn't do anything special to me," Hill continued. "I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

 

"Those guys, they're not that good," he said. "It was on us [Thursday]. We gave them the game, in my opinion. They didn't do anything special. We just gave them the game. They just sat back with coverage the whole day."

 

What he's really saying...."had our game plan focused on running the ball, we win by two touchdowns."

And here are some quotes from Jeremy Hill after the game. Is he really this stupid:

 

Asked whether the Browns were better than he previously thought, Hill said, "Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought, to be honest with you."

 

"They didn't do anything special to me," Hill continued. "I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them."

 

"Those guys, they're not that good," he said. "It was on us [Thursday]. We gave them the game, in my opinion. They didn't do anything special. We just gave them the game. They just sat back with coverage the whole day."

 

Nothing wrong with what he said.

3.5 isn't bad. You can win lots of games allowing just that. If...

It's not bad if you are playing against a team that averages that rushing coming into the game. It's horrible if you are playing against a team that averages 1 yard a carry coming into the game

I posed this question in the prediction thread.

 

The question is, will Marvin choke again on national TV?

 

I guess we know the answer.

Should have listened to Mrs. Crunch and watched Elementary.

I should have stayed at Bed Bath and Beyond with the Mrs longer last night instead of rushing her out of there so we could get home in time for the game. Bed sheets are more exciting than this franchise.

I should have stayed at Bed Bath and Beyond with the Mrs longer last night instead of rushing her out of there so we could get home in time for the game. Bed sheets are more exciting than this franchise.

 

That would have smelled much better than the pile of crap you watched on TV.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.