November 7, 201411 yr 3.5 isn't bad. You can win lots of games allowing just that. If... I believe HellBird's point was that the Browns had been averaging 1.5 yards per carry prior to playing the Bengals and in this game the Bengals allowed 3.5 yards per carry and so he was saying the Bengals are pathetic for allowing the Browns to run the ball. HellBird was wrong about the Brown's running game. It has been good all season except for a couple of games when some of the backs averaged 1.5 yards per carry. On the season the three backs are doing pretty good: West 396 yds 3.7 y/att Tate 342 yds 3.3 y/attempt Crowell 297 yds 4.7 y/att That's over 1,000 yds by the three backs in half a season (Tate was injured earlier and West was the featured back when he was out) Compare to Cinci's two main backs Bernard 446 yds 4.1 y/att Hill 404 yds 4.7 y/att That's a total of 850 yards by the principle backs. Throw in Dalton, the receivers and a couple of backs and Cinci has over 1,000 yds so far in the season. Pretty good running attack, too. I like Hill. He's my knid of runner--down Hill. I think he's going to be very good in this league and I don't look forward to having to defend against him twice a year. I like his attitude too. He is not going to give an inch. Smash-mouth football. I prefer that to the pitch-and-catch the league has become. My point is, Cinci didn't give up yardage to an anemic run game. they gave up yardage, just like most teams do to the Browns. Cinci's effort against the run wasn't pathetic, it was normal. Oh, BTW, the Browns lead the league with 12 rushing touchdowns.
November 7, 201411 yr What he's really saying...."had our game plan focused on running the ball, we win by two touchdowns." Absolutely! It was stupid when you see they weren't even slowing Hill down and he only had 12 carries. Not so sure the Bengals could have won as bad as everything else was... But the game would've been much closer if they would have used Hill more. Other than the fumble, he almost played well.
November 7, 201411 yr And here are some quotes from Jeremy Hill after the game. Is he really this stupid: Asked whether the Browns were better than he previously thought, Hill said, "Oh no, not at all. They're probably worse than I thought, to be honest with you." "They didn't do anything special to me," Hill continued. "I mean, respect to them, they won the game. But that's all I'll give them." "Those guys, they're not that good," he said. "It was on us [Thursday]. We gave them the game, in my opinion. They didn't do anything special. We just gave them the game. They just sat back with coverage the whole day." Honestly, I agree with Hill here. Not the brightest thing for him to express publicly, but his point that Cleveland was "less sucky" than the Bengals is right. Cleveland did NOTHING last night to show me that they were a playoff team either.
November 7, 201411 yr I'm just not totally convinced that Marvin or anyone else on his staff is capable of coaching up Dalton's confidence, which is strewn in about 10 million pieces all over the PBS turf right now. You guys might be seeing a lot more of Jason Campbell in the near future, which may not totally be a bad thing.
November 7, 201411 yr What happened? He got tackled on the sideline by one of his own guys. http://sportsmockery.com/2014/11/marvin-lewis-sideline-collision-rank-time/
November 7, 201411 yr Where to begin. The Bungles are what they've been since week 4 and that is among the worst in the entire league. Since they started 3-0 they followed the next 6 games with 3 losses 2 wins and a tie and in those 3 losses they have looked as bad as any Bengals team in franchise history. Marvin Lewis has proved again he is the worst in game coach and worst preparation coach now that I think about it in the NFL. How a coach who has been coaching for 12 years as a HC in the league to be only 1 game above .500 is a joke. Add on top of that zero playoff wins in over a decade and I begin to wish I had Mike Brown as my boss because, well I could stay at home for 12 years and do nothing and still get paid. Marvin once again shows he can't prepare the team for a big game and his prime time record goes to a pathetic 4-12. MArvin also has a lousy record follwing byes, and now the team has 10 days off so it's basically like a bye so can we chalk up a L for the next game already? I think so. Andy Dalton? Where do I begin. He actually had a higher interception total in last nights game than he had a Quarterback Rating, how is that even possible? Andy Dalton has great games...but they are always against bad teams. He becomes the worst QB in the league in any big game this team plays in. I was curious to how bad he's actually been in big games and I can't remember what prime time games we had over the last 3 years so I simply took the 3 playoff games he has played in as well as the 2 prime time games this year and here are his pathetic numbers. So in the 5 big games, 3 playoff games and 2 prime time games this year Dalton has done the following Quarterback Rating 51 Compl % 52% Average 5 yds an attempt He has had only 3 TD's while throwing 9 Interceptions Dalton is not a rookie, the avg NFL career is only 3 years so he is a seasoned veteran and still shows zero signs of improvement. I looked up the Greyhound bus schedule and Marvin and Dalton can both be on the next bus out of town at 8 am. I would honestly pay for that bus ride out of town....and give the bus driver a big tip!
November 7, 201411 yr Question for anyone that paid for a ticket. Did the Brown family at least buy you dinner?
November 7, 201411 yr I haven't read through this thread so I'm not sure if this has been posted. Had Dalton simply thrown the ball into the ground at the feet of his receiver on EVERY pass last night his QBR would have been about 39. His final QBR was about 4.
November 7, 201411 yr Overlooked in last night's shellacking is what should be obvious to all: Dalton doesn't appear to mesh at all with Hue Jackson. Go back to the loss to Indy a few weeks ago. We put up 42 vs. Indy in '13, no points in '14. Offensive line also is a mess right now.
November 7, 201411 yr Overlooked in last night's shellacking is what should be obvious to all: Dalton doesn't appear to mesh at all with Hue Jackson. Go back to the loss to Indy a few weeks ago. We put up 42 vs. Indy in '13, no points in '14. Offensive line also is a mess right now. It seems Gruden is unhappy with all the QB's in Washington... Maybe he will try to get Bengals to part with Dalton... We can dream can't we?
November 7, 201411 yr Overlooked in last night's shellacking is what should be obvious to all: Dalton doesn't appear to mesh at all with Hue Jackson. Go back to the loss to Indy a few weeks ago. We put up 42 vs. Indy in '13, no points in '14. Offensive line also is a mess right now. You also have to realize last year they had AJ Green healthy each game, Marvin Jones who scored 10 touchdowns last year and had a huge year, Sanu, Hawkins the second half of the year, Gresham, Eifert, and Gio. So Dalton last year had all his weapons to play with. This year he has always been missing at least three of them each game. With that said as bad as Dalton played last night, it wouldn't have mattered if he had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in his prime on the same team to throw to.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.