November 7, 201411 yr Here is the thing people always called me optimistic, and I always said no I was one of the only ones who looked at them realistic without letting all the bad years cloud my vision. Which is why I have been one of the only ones who have been right about how their regular seasons would go the last three seasons. However I can't say anything positive right now about this team, because they are not showing anything currently to make me see something good happening. So right now I was completely wrong about this team. What I see right now is very disappointing. Yes they have injuries which is part of the problem. However what I really don't like is that there is no fight in this team this year. Its like they have a sense of entitlement and act like they don't have to work hard to win. It seems like everyone is sitting back waiting for someone else to make a play, instead of playing as a team. I didn't feel like that about the last three teams, but right now that is what I see with this team. Right now they definitely are not a good football team. Can they still end up being a good football team? Yes, however they have to do some serious soul searching and that may not be enough. So I am completely wrong about this team at this point, and that could change however it will take some drastic changes with how they are playing right now.
November 7, 201411 yr I haven't read through this thread so I'm not sure if this has been posted. Had Dalton simply thrown the ball into the ground at the feet of his receiver on EVERY pass last night his QBR would have been about 39. His final QBR was about 4. And his passer rating would have been 2.1, the interceptions made it 2.0.
November 7, 201411 yr QB purgatory. Good enough to win some games, not good enough to make you a real contender.
November 8, 201411 yr What would the impact have been to Cleveland's running game and the score had Maualuga and Burfict been in the game and healthy?
November 8, 201411 yr ^ OG, it definitely would have had an impact. I also think having Leon Hall would have stuffed the slot receiver better than we did, which would also have had an impact on the Brown's number of runs they racked up. BUT - The Browns would have opened up the middle of the field with Bengal killer Cameron, and true Field General, center Mack would have helped make the right blocking schemes. As much as I would like to give my Bengals an excuse of "Injuries", I just can't do it! Every team in the NFL is missing key individuals, so you just can't make that as an excuse of ineptitude and preparedness, both of which hit the Bengals in spades on Thursday!
November 9, 201411 yr ^ OG, it definitely would have had an impact. I also think having Leon Hall would have stuffed the slot receiver better than we did, which would also have had an impact on the Brown's number of runs they racked up. BUT - The Browns would have opened up the middle of the field with Bengal killer Cameron, and true Field General, center Mack would have helped make the right blocking schemes. As much as I would like to give my Bengals an excuse of "Injuries", I just can't do it! Every team in the NFL is missing key individuals, so you just can't make that as an excuse of ineptitude and preparedness, both of which hit the Bengals in spades on Thursday! Cameron didn't play Thursday. He's been a huge disappointment for the Browns, really, except for the win over the Steelers.
November 10, 201411 yr Cameron didn't play Thursday. He's been a huge disappointment for the Browns, really, except for the win over the Steelers. But Cameron HAS been a Bengals killer!
November 10, 201411 yr But Cameron HAS been a Bengals killer! Another in a long list ot TEs that are HOFers against the Gals.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.