Carson Palmer

SSC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't always agree HB but I am 100% with you on this one. The same Bengals fans that were crushing Marvin and Mikey Boy were mad at Carson for wanting to get away from...Marvin and Mikey Boy.

I always wonder how good Carson would have been if not for the knee injury. I thought he was going to a truly great QB but was never the same after that injury IMO.

We don't always agree HB but I am 100% with you on this one. The same Bengals fans that were crushing Marvin and Mikey Boy were mad at Carson for wanting to get away from...Marvin and Mikey Boy.

I always wonder how good Carson would have been if not for the knee injury. I thought he was going to a truly great QB but was never the same after that injury IMO.

Im the opposite, i think his elbow injury in 2008 hurt him more. He showed me the very next year in 2006 that his knee was not a problem. He had almost a better year in 2006 than 2005 after his knee injury. He also did everything he could to get them in the playoffs that year if the special teams didnt mess it up two games in a row. His play didnt change much aftrr the knee injury. However after he came back in 2009 after missing 2008 he did look like a different qb. He didnt have the same zip on his throws and was floating more passes. I truly think the elbow injury hurt his career more than the knee.

People don't hate Carson because he left, people hate Carson because he held up the team, and ultimately the fans! Carson was under contract and he QUIT on all of us! Yes, there is sitting out for more money, that can even be appreciated. But I lost all respect for Carson for signing a contract and then saying "I will not play for You!".

Screw Carson! Bring back Kimo von Oelhoffen!

People don't hate Carson because he left, people hate Carson because he held up the team, and ultimately the fans! Carson was under contract and he QUIT on all of us! Yes, there is sitting out for more money, that can even be appreciated. But I lost all respect for Carson for signing a contract and then saying "I will not play for You!".

Screw Carson! Bring back Kimo von Oelhoffen!

So should you hate every team in the nfl then? Because it takes two to sign a contract. Teams cut players that signed a contract. Which if anything is worst because that can effect the livelihood of that player. You get a house and all that expecting to be there for at least the whole contract and then a team can break that contract and release you. So why is it a horrible thing that a player tries to break a contract when the teams do it all the time?

Maybe Carson was the smart one. Based off how it went down, he left because Marvin came back. So he knew the Bengals may never get to where they want with him.

Maybe Carson was the smart one. Based off how it went down, he left because Marvin came back. So he knew the Bengals may never get to where they want with him.

This is key. Carson knew that Marvin could only take this team so far. It wouldn't matter if they had Manning, Brady or Brees.

Football is the ultimate team sport. If any part of the team is unprepared week in and week out...expect failure in the long run.

Once a Bengal always a Bengal... Snakebit and not meant to be a champion....

Only Corey Dillon go the ring (that I can recall) and it took Brady/Belichick to get it.

Kimo Von Oelhoffen. Justin Smith came close last year with the 49ers