Carson Palmer

SSC

People don't hate Carson because he left, people hate Carson because he held up the team, and ultimately the fans! Carson was under contract and he QUIT on all of us! Yes, there is sitting out for more money, that can even be appreciated. But I lost all respect for Carson for signing a contract and then saying "I will not play for You!".

Screw Carson! Bring back Kimo von Oelhoffen!

So should you hate every team in the nfl then? Because it takes two to sign a contract. Teams cut players that signed a contract. Which if anything is worst because that can effect the livelihood of that player. You get a house and all that expecting to be there for at least the whole contract and then a team can break that contract and release you. So why is it a horrible thing that a player tries to break a contract when the teams do it all the time?

Maybe Carson was the smart one. Based off how it went down, he left because Marvin came back. So he knew the Bengals may never get to where they want with him.

Hooray for Carson!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray for Carson!

Still waiting to see what you think about all the teams who break their end of the contracts and release players before their contract is up. Which makes sudden change for that player and their whole family. Seems to me if your still mad about Palmer getting out of a contract he signed and quitting. Then you should be mad at teams for every single person they cut. Palmer quitting had no bearing on how any of our lives will be. Teams breaking their end of a contract and changing the lives of that player and his family suddenly is worst.

Sounds like sour grapes to me and holding a grudge for no reason. This is coming from the person who loved Carson when he was here and supported him and still wanted him here more than anyone and even I understand why he did leave.

Ten days after he signed his big extension here in Cincinnati he tears up his knee and now five days after signing his big deal in Arizona he tears up his same knee. Both times coming in years where he was playing great and had a team that could possibly make a run at it.

He us a rich man and will live a long happy life after football, however I do feel bad for the guy because he has had some bad luck on the field.

• 2 weeks later...
A real good read about Palmer's first ACL surgery and the connection he had to a family.

Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer keeps connection to ACL donor's family - ESPN

What a neat story of tragedy, generosity and success. It never ceases to amaze me what the medical field is now able to accomplish. I do feel even worse about Palmer's injury after reading it though.

Organ donors are so important.

• 10 months later...
15-2 in his last 17 starts. 34/13 TD/INT

Love Carson.

But wait I was told it was just an excuse that he played for a conservative coach and a offensive coordinator who became predictable. Not to mention not a reliable wr core once Chad stopped focusing on football. It's not like any of that stuff mattered, he was just terrible, he sucked and would be lucky to be a backup on another team.

But I'm sure people have forgotten all those comments lol. Very happy to see him doing well.

But wait I was told it was just an excuse that he played for a conservative coach and a offensive coordinator who became predictable. Not to mention not a reliable wr core once Chad stopped focusing on football. It's not like any of that stuff mattered, he was just terrible, he sucked and would be lucky to be a backup on another team.

But I'm sure people have forgotten all those comments lol. Very happy to see him doing well.

Personally I wish he hadn't gotten fed up with the organization. Just think what he could have done with the talent on offense the Bengals have.