Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Maddon is the new Cubs manager

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the argument is that he shouldn't even interview with a team that HAS a manager.

 

Sounds like the Cubs issue, not Maddon's.

We will continue to joke until they get to a World Series. Until then continue the premature ejaculation all you want. :sssh::popcorn::lol2:

 

What?

Sounds like the Cubs issue, not Maddon's.

 

It's an issue for both if true. No manager would do that. It's just not professional.

 

However, I read today that the Cubs flew out to Cali to let Renteria know they were going to pursue Maddon and offered him another gig in the organization.

What?

 

 

Didn't think that post would need an explanation.

It's an issue for both if true. No manager would do that. It's just not professional.

 

However, I read today that the Cubs flew out to Cali to let Renteria know they were going to pursue Maddon and offered him another gig in the organization.

Why should managers positions be any different then any other game?

Cubs handled it the best way they could. Anyone who thinks the Cubs shoulda passed on Maddon is an idiot. They offered Renteria other positions in the organization. There's no comparison between the 2.

Why should managers positions be any different then any other game?

 

Any other game? I don't follow.

Any other game? I don't follow.

I meant job. Trying to mess with trick r treaters

Since Maddon is the new Cubs manager, any chance the Cubbies would take BJ Upton from the Braves...please?

Why should managers positions be any different then any other game?

 

I feel the same. If I have a starting catcher under contract, and I go out and hire a catcher I think is better to take his place, nobody gets upset.

 

IMO the Cubs went out and hired what they think is a better manager. As long as they don't try to cheat the old one out of any money due to him, I don't see a difference.

I feel the same. If I have a starting catcher under contract, and I go out and hire a catcher I think is better to take his place, nobody gets upset.

 

IMO the Cubs went out and hired what they think is a better manager. As long as they don't try to cheat the old one out of any money due to him, I don't see a difference.

 

I actually agree with you but baseball has more unwritten rules than all other entities combined. The Cubs seem to have been pretty upfront about this from what I have read lately so I think it will all blow over quickly, if not already; however a lot of folks in baseball think it is wrong to court another manager when you have one employed. The fact that Theo actually met with Renteria in person to tell him that they were going to talk to Maddon makes it seem better though.

The entire American League is happy to see Joe go. Now he has prospects on a team who will spend.

Just read on mlbtraderumors.com that the Cubs and Nationals are in talks about a trade involving Jordan Zimmerman being sent to Chicago. Cubs are also talking to Jon Lester and Justin Masterson

Just read on mlbtraderumors.com that the Cubs and Nationals are in talks about a trade involving Jordan Zimmerman being sent to Chicago. Cubs are also talking to Jon Lester and Justin Masterson

 

 

Lester is going to sign back with Boston...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.