Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Maddon is the new Cubs manager

Featured Replies

Lester is going to sign back with Boston...

 

I know you know your baseball, and all about your Red Sox, but is this a forgone conclusion? The things I've read don't make it sound that way.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you know your baseball, and all about your Red Sox, but is this a forgone conclusion? The things I've read don't make it sound that way.

 

Not a forgone conclusion but Cherington seems willing to break his own rule of no 5 or 6 year contracts to pitchers over the age of 30 for Lester. Couple that with Lester's own assertion that he prefers to come back to Boston and I'd say it will take a crazy offer from someone else to sign him. If the Cubs were ready to win next season I could see Theo making a bigger offer but my bet is he waits and tries to go after more pitching after the 2015 season.

Not a forgone conclusion but Cherington seems willing to break his own rule of no 5 or 6 year contracts to pitchers over the age of 30 for Lester. Couple that with Lester's own assertion that he prefers to come back to Boston and I'd say it will take a crazy offer from someone else to sign him. If the Cubs were ready to win next season I could see Theo making a bigger offer but my bet is he waits and tries to go after more pitching after the 2015 season.

 

Agree, sounds like the Red Sox want him back and I think Theo has his eye on 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs sign him but sounds like they want to take their time to look at everything and Lester wants to choose soon.

Cubs are expected to get Russell Martin. Offer is 4 yrs $64M.

Cubs are expected to get Russell Martin. Offer is 4 yrs $64M.

 

Blue Jays came in at 5/$82M. Looks like he is a Blue Jay.

Well that sucks but can't blame the Cubs for bowing out

Blue Jays came in at 5/$82M. Looks like he is a Blue Jay.

 

I remember when he was good.

I'm glad Martin isn't on the Cubs. That guy is a big game player and someone who would really help their young arms. He is overpaid, but for a team like the Cubs with history and youth against them, a vet who comes up in the clutch might have been worth it. Just my opinion though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.